RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Site News | Beer Talk | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Gose- what style by RB guidelines?

read 751 times • 16 replies • posted 8/8/2012 8:32:26 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2

premium
craftycarl21 2227:71
Hey all,

So I was just about to add Flying Dog Gose brewed with salt, coriander, and Old Bay seasoning, but I don’t really know what the best category. Traditional ale like Bahnhof Leipziger Gose et al, or more spice/herb/vegetable because of the Old Bay addition?
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
NobleSquirrel 3437:209
Traditional, I’d say.
8/8/2012 8:35:45 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
TheAlum 5701:10
Originally posted by craftycarl21
Hey all,

So I was just about to add Flying Dog Gose brewed with salt, coriander, and Old Bay seasoning, but I don’t really know what the best category. Traditional ale like Bahnhof Leipziger Gose et al, or more spice/herb/vegetable because of the Old Bay addition?

I think a true Gose falls under the Traditional Ale category.

But, at least around here (Midwest), we’ve been finding a lot of soured wheat base ales without Salt at all.. the brewery calls them Gose (Brugge, Destihl) lately.. when in fact, they are more in line with Berliner Weiss.. or a barrel aged Sour/Wild Wheat ale..
8/8/2012 8:37:31 AM

premium
CanIHave4Beers 3262:74
Originally posted by TheAlum
Hey all,

But, at least around here (Midwest), we’ve been finding a lot of soured wheat base ales without Salt at all.. the brewery calls them Gose (Brugge, Destihl) lately.. when in fact, they are more in line with Berliner Weiss.. or a barrel aged Sour/Wild Wheat ale..

So it gose...
8/8/2012 8:40:50 AM

premium
Hey all,

Does the Destihl not have salt? The beer shouldn’t taste salty, just have a mineral quality to it.
8/8/2012 8:55:47 AM

premium
TheAlum 5701:10
Originally posted by NobleSquirrel
Hey all,

Does the Destihl not have salt? The beer shouldn’t taste salty, just have a mineral quality to it.

They added no salt to the beer.
8/8/2012 8:57:30 AM

premium
Originally posted by NobleSquirrel
Hey all,

They added no salt to the beer.

coriander?
8/8/2012 9:47:20 AM

notalush 4852:330
So when is the semi-annual "gose should be its own style in the database" argument going to start?
8/8/2012 12:47:08 PM

premium
Savvy1982 1705:70
Originally posted by notalush
So when is the semi-annual "gose should be its own style in the database" argument going to start?

Hopefully never.

It’s fine as a Traditional ale.

Now Sahtea on the other hand..
8/8/2012 12:48:34 PM

premium
GT2 8432:598
I have to walk through mountains of gose shit to get to my car each day. Damn those canadians!! (like savvy)
8/8/2012 12:55:31 PM

tronraner 2459:109
Originally posted by notalush

It’s an argument that comes and gose.
8/8/2012 1:03:20 PM

Home > Forums > Site News

Page 1 | 2
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback