Great Taste of the Midwest 2012 Thread

Reads 23491 • Replies 397 • Started Thursday, May 31, 2012 8:06:08 PM CT

Thread Frozen

tennisjoel
beers 1334 º places 32 º 10:52 Tue 7/10/2012

Originally posted by TheAlum
And the hotel Iím actually speaking of is Best Western on the Park..

But, I have been to the Double Tree to hang out with and pick stuff up from the Half Acre crew last year (2011)..

So, I guess I advise both..

But, Best Western is right on the square.. Madison Concourse is a block or two off it.. and Double tree is a few more blocks off it..

I have stayed at the Best Western on the Park in the past. Nothing special, but good location. Close to downtown and not far from the festival.

sarro
beers 134 º places 5 º 13:00 Tue 7/10/2012

Really looking forward to this.
My girlfriend & I will be attending with The Livery so weíll probably be pouring for them Saturday. Not sure where weíre staying yet, but Iím down for a tasting before or after the event.

TheAlum
beers 6860 º places 10 º 13:06 Tue 7/10/2012

Originally posted by sarro
My girlfriend & I will be attending with The Livery so weíll probably be pouring for them Saturday. Not sure where weíre staying yet, but Iím down for a tasting before or after the event.

Just make sure Livery has tickets for you.

Even pourers/brewery staff for GTMW require tickets.

With that said, breweries are usually alotted a number of tickets.

sarro
beers 134 º places 5 º 15:33 Tue 7/10/2012

Yep, just confirmed today. Only need a place to crash now

TheAlum
beers 6860 º places 10 º 15:45 Tue 7/10/2012

Yep, just confirmed today. Only need a place to crash now

Cool. Been too long.

sarro
beers 134 º places 5 º 15:53 Tue 7/10/2012

True! Canít wait to hang with you & Derek and everyone else

DalzAle
beers 2020 º places 13 º 20:45 Wed 7/11/2012

Anyone have any suggestions of potential brewpubs or beer stores to hit between Mpls and Madison? Doesnít need to be exactly on the drive, detours are acceptable!

Dunt
beers 301 º 20:57 Wed 7/11/2012

Nice! I will definitely be spending some time at their tent. You going to the anniversary party the week after? Let me know if you wanna put a tasting together one of the nights.

madvike
beers 3191 º places 3 º 05:37 Thu 7/12/2012

Originally posted by DalzAle
Anyone have any suggestions of potential brewpubs or beer stores to hit between Mpls and Madison? Doesnít need to be exactly on the drive, detours are acceptable!

If you like German styles, Das Bierhaus is a pretty good stop. Iíve heard Daveís Brewfarm is super cool, but Iíve never been.

TheAlum
beers 6860 º places 10 º 06:06 Thu 7/12/2012

Originally posted by madvike
Originally posted by DalzAle

If you like German styles, Das Bierhaus is a pretty good stop. Iíve heard Daveís Brewfarm is super cool, but Iíve never been.

deyholla was just telling me that not only is Daveís Brewfarm awesome but that itís one of the most reasonably priced places youíll find.

I think their tasting hours are very limited though.