Great Taste of the Midwest 2012 Thread

Reads 27666 • Replies 397 • Started Thursday, May 31, 2012 8:06:08 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Dunt
beers 321 º 10:52 Mon 8/6/2012

Originally posted by levifunk
Originally posted by Dunt
Originally posted by levifunk
I’ve been beta testing the droid app and checking out what breweries are bringing. INSANE!

Go on...who is bringing their A game?

I’m not going to ruin the surprise, but as a sour head, this year’s GT definitely does not disappoint!

That’s what I like to hear

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 15:35 Mon 8/6/2012

Madison’s Great Taste is coming up and we promised a new R and D release in it’s honor. Announcing the latest R and D a Sour Brown Ale. 150 cases have been spontaneously fermenting for over two years in oak with a final finish carbonation in the bottle. This beer is funky and sour. 50 cases will be released Thursday Aug 9 at 1:00, fifty more 10:00 Saturday morning and the last fifty cases will be released Sunday morning at 10:00. Two bottle limit per person. 8.00 per bottle.

thetomG
beers 250 º places 1 º 16:12 Mon 8/6/2012

Originally posted by TheAlum
Madison’s Great Taste is coming up and we promised a new R and D release in it’s honor. Announcing the latest R and D a Sour Brown Ale. 150 cases have been spontaneously fermenting for over two years in oak with a final finish carbonation in the bottle. This beer is funky and sour. 50 cases will be released Thursday Aug 9 at 1:00, fifty more 10:00 Saturday morning and the last fifty cases will be released Sunday morning at 10:00. Two bottle limit per person. 8.00 per bottle.

OF COURSE none will be released on Friday when I’d planned to stop in on my way up to Madison... grrr...

I wonder if its 12/case or 24/case... I’m guessing 12...

DalzAle
beers 2046 º places 14 º 16:38 Mon 8/6/2012

Originally posted by thetomG

OF COURSE none will be released on Friday when I’d planned to stop in on my way up to Madison... grrr...

Maybe they won’t sell out on Thursday and have some left on Friday?

DalzAle
beers 2046 º places 14 º 16:41 Mon 8/6/2012

Any interest in a small Friday night tasting, or is everyone pretty much set on hitting all the bars?

thetomG
beers 250 º places 1 º 17:09 Mon 8/6/2012

Originally posted by DalzAle

Oh yeah that’s certainly a possibility considering a 2 bottle limit per person, but I guess I’ve been conditioned to expect the worst by the near instantaneous sellout of almost all special releases here in Chicago...

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 17:27 Mon 8/6/2012

Originally posted by DalzAle

Oh yeah that’s certainly a possibility considering a 2 bottle limit per person, but I guess I’ve been conditioned to expect the worst by the near instantaneous sellout of almost all special releases here in Chicago...

They are 12 bottle cases, fyi.

And they seem to be doing this so the locals have a chance, especially the people of Madison and esp. the MHTG.. who didn’t really have a chance to get them in 2010.. and were eaten up by travellers largely.

thetomG
beers 250 º places 1 º 17:56 Mon 8/6/2012

Yeah I totally understand and accept why they’re doing it this way BUT, that doesn’t change the fact that I’m bummed I may miss out. If I’m lucky enough to grab a couple great, if not it’s not the end of the world - It’s only beer after all!

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 18:04 Mon 8/6/2012

Goose Island will have 9 specialty tappings at the Fest.

2 PM - Amara

http://ow.ly/i/Pnn9

ISO!!!

iowaherkeye
beers 2703 º places 29 º 18:11 Mon 8/6/2012

Looks like a trip to NG will be in order.

Wonder if it’s the same recipe . As the sour brown from eight or so years ago...