Great Taste of the Midwest 2012 Thread

Reads 27663 • Replies 397 • Started Thursday, May 31, 2012 8:06:08 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 07:30 Fri 6/1/2012

Originally posted by TheAlum
4th year.

Me, the missus, drewbeerme, and his Mrs. will be in Madison. Likely Friday.

Grabbed the tickets at in person sales though.

I definitely plan to arrive earlier on Friday this time to get in on all the bar activities before hotel activities.

Tooch4321
beers 11 º 07:32 Fri 6/1/2012

Originally posted by drowland
4th year.

I definitely plan to arrive earlier on Friday this time to get in on all the bar activities before hotel activities.

cbfobes
beers 2938 º places 29 º 07:33 Fri 6/1/2012

4th year.

I’ll probably take that Friday off so we can head up earlier in the day this time. Last year Maduro was pouring pints of Black Note for $4 starting at noon, hopefully they have something like that set up during the lunch hour and we can head downtown later that night as well.

nasty31
beers 1 º 07:41 Fri 6/1/2012

what hotel should i stay at? that affordable and good location?

madvike
beers 3357 º places 3 º 07:50 Fri 6/1/2012

Originally posted by cbfobes
4th year.

I’ll probably take that Friday off so we can head up earlier in the day this time. Last year Maduro was pouring pints of Black Note for $4 starting at noon, hopefully they have something like that set up during the lunch hour and we can head downtown later that night as well.

I’m thinking Friday looks like:
1. GTMW volunteer shift
2. Ian’s pizza for lunch
3. Maduro for Bell’s
4. ??
5. ??
6. Profit!!

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:52 Fri 6/1/2012

Originally posted by madvike
4th year.

I’m thinking Friday looks like:
1. GTMW volunteer shift
2. Ian’s pizza for lunch
3. Maduro for Bell’s
4. ??
5. ??
6. Profit!!

I usually roll into town Friday around noon for lunch at Vintage.. then check in.. and hit up Maduro to meet up with people.

Last year I believe it went Maduro, Goose Island Event (Which was crazy), jaunt over to Brickhouse for ticks, and back to the square for a couple FFF new beers..

Bed early enough to deal with set up in the morning.

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 08:09 Fri 6/1/2012

4th year.

Maybe the wife and I can land late Thursday night (after work) so that we have all of Fri/Sat/Sun free. It’s going to depend on what jobs we have/get when we move.

THIS IS GONNA RULE Y’ALL!

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 08:09 Fri 6/1/2012

Originally posted by Tooch4321
4th year.

Trust me - you don’t want to know.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 08:20 Fri 6/1/2012

Just got confirmation that the check was cashed, so I’ll be there for sure. Anyone from Chicago want to carpool up to Madison?

Dunt
beers 321 º 08:29 Fri 6/1/2012

Originally posted by t0rin0
Just got confirmation that the check was cashed, so I’ll be there for sure. Anyone from Chicago want to carpool up to Madison?

Depending on how many I have in my car, I would be happy to hook you up with a ride. I will keep you updated on how many end up going from our group.