RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Travel | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Great Taste of the Midwest 2012 Thread

read 21454 times • 397 replies • posted 5/31/2012 8:06:08 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40

premium
NobleSquirrel 3437:209
Originally posted by Tooch4321
Just a heads up, Maragrita Sofie was basically 50% Sofie blended with Big Star maragritas and thatís it...

That makes perfect sense, actually.

Also, great seeing everyone that I did run into and sorry if I didnít! Nice meeting a few folks that I see online all of the time but hadnít met in real life. A great time was had for sure!
8/13/2012 9:15:52 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
TheAlum 5530:10
I donít know if Margarita Sofie will end up rateable.. so Iím holding my review out until I figure it out.

Iíll let everyone know when I do.

8/13/2012 9:18:55 AM

Tooch4321 11:
Originally posted by NobleSquirrel
Just a heads up, Maragrita Sofie was basically 50% Sofie blended with Big Star maragritas and thatís it...

Also, great seeing everyone that I did run into and sorry if I didnít! Nice meeting a few folks that I see online all of the time but hadnít met in real life. A great time was had for sure!

Yep...sometimes things are just that simple, although others wouldnít believe it. Sofie + Big Star Margaritas = Margarita Sofie, pure rocket science!

Great finally putting a face with the name as well...
8/13/2012 9:38:33 AM

premium
drowland 5980:172
I never even saw the marg Sofie. :(
8/13/2012 11:05:38 AM

premium
TheAlum 5530:10
Originally posted by drowland
I never even saw the marg Sofie. :(

It was really a keg they brought for themselves.. but late in the day they started giving it out to all the Chicago folks mulling around.

It wasnít on a jockeybox.. just a keg in the back they had tapped.
8/13/2012 11:09:07 AM

premium
nuplastikk 4268:41
Originally posted by tyler_mn
I was pretty upset that Jolly Pumpkin was out of all their beer by 4:00.

The sobrehumano was gone well before 2. Either the volunteers did a lot of damage before the gaits opened or they brought a real piddly amoiunt..im guessing a 2 gallon keg. They run out early every year, and rarely have a line before that.
8/13/2012 12:24:53 PM

premium
madvike 2657:3
Originally posted by NobleSquirrel

Yep...sometimes things are just that simple, although others wouldnít believe it. Sofie + Big Star Margaritas = Margarita Sofie, pure rocket science!

Great finally putting a face with the name as well...

Kind of along the same lines, I thought the Brewery Creek Arnold Palmer was delicious, and I wrote up a nice rating. Then I found out it was non-alcoholic and intended for designated drivers. No wonder it tasted like there was no beer in it.
8/13/2012 12:36:06 PM

premium
Brigadier 2875:257
Originally posted by nuplastikk

The sobrehumano was gone well before 2. Either the volunteers did a lot of damage before the gaits opened or they brought a real piddly amoiunt..im guessing a 2 gallon keg. They run out early every year, and rarely have a line before that.

Wow. Iím glad I picked up a bottle at Rileyís then. The line I couldnít fathom was Perennial. You expect Goose Island, FFF, New Glarus, etc to back up. Someone must have spread the word beforehand about none of their beers being anything less than spectacular.
8/13/2012 1:02:27 PM

premium
drowland 5980:172
Originally posted by Brigadier

Wow. Iím glad I picked up a bottle at Rileyís then. The line I couldnít fathom was Perennial. You expect Goose Island, FFF, New Glarus, etc to back up. Someone must have spread the word beforehand about none of their beers being anything less than spectacular.

Yeah this confused the shit out of me because I thought the line was for Upland Reserve next to them, who were being weird dicks, I might add.
8/14/2012 8:20:54 PM

premium
NobleSquirrel 3437:209
Originally posted by drowland
Originally posted by Brigadier

Yeah this confused the shit out of me because I thought the line was for Upland Reserve next to them, who were being weird dicks, I might add.

There was a lot of weirdness from a lot of different breweries for sure overall. That being said, the awesomeness far outweighed the negatives.
8/14/2012 8:23:18 PM

Home > Forums > Beer Travel

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add
Advanced Search
Add A Beer
Add A Brewer