RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Travel | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Great Taste of the Midwest 2012 Thread

read 22001 times • 397 replies • posted 5/31/2012 8:06:08 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40

jaminjohnson 1
Originally posted by Brigadier
Originally posted by nuplastikk
Originally posted by tyler_mn
I was pretty upset that Jolly Pumpkin was out of all their beer by 4:00.

The sobrehumano was gone well before 2. Either the volunteers did a lot of damage before the gaits opened or they brought a real piddly amoiunt..im guessing a 2 gallon keg. They run out early every year, and rarely have a line before that.

Wow. Iím glad I picked up a bottle at Rileyís then. The line I couldnít fathom was Perennial. You expect Goose Island, FFF, New Glarus, etc to back up. Someone must have spread the word beforehand about none of their beers being anything less than spectacular.

Perennial is doing great things here in STL!
8/14/2012 10:20:53 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
drowland 6155:172
I was also shocked to walk over to Liveryís release of bourbon tripel weizenbock to be greeted by nobody. I stood there and drank all of their sours for 15 min then drank the shit out of the release.
8/14/2012 10:25:58 PM

premium
TheAlum 5909:10
Just as an update: Margarita Sofie has been marked as "Unrateable". It will remain in the database as such for historical sake and future possible releases.

While we allow radlers and blends like that, when the alcohol is that dominant (50% Margaritas - thatís a lot of tequila), it really kinda disqualifies itself.

We allowed Tonic the Hedgehog.. as I donít think there was nearly as much (if any) actual gin in the blend. But, after some discussion, I think weíll just leave this as a no-go.

Was a really nice drink though.. pretty dangerous that late in the day as well.
8/15/2012 8:33:34 AM

premium
NobleSquirrel 3437:209
Originally posted by TheAlum
Just as an update: Margarita Sofie has been marked as "Unrateable". It will remain in the database as such for historical sake and future possible releases.

While we allow radlers and blends like that, when the alcohol is that dominant (50% Margaritas - thatís a lot of tequila), it really kinda disqualifies itself.

We allowed Tonic the Hedgehog.. as I donít think there was nearly as much (if any) actual gin in the blend. But, after some discussion, I think weíll just leave this as a no-go.

I wanna make my own margarita sofie at home...
8/15/2012 9:09:02 AM

premium
Brigadier 3095:281

What might be more dangerous is if Square One shows up next year with some of their beer/house liquor blends. Those things can really sneak up on you.
8/15/2012 3:57:24 PM

premium
NobleSquirrel 3437:209
Originally posted by Brigadier

What might be more dangerous is if Square One shows up next year with some of their beer/house liquor blends. Those things can really sneak up on you.

The margaritas that they pour at Big Star (which is what was blended in) are no joke.
8/15/2012 5:15:20 PM

drewbeerme 3879:1
Originally posted by NobleSquirrel

yeah I thought the same thing. pretty easy to do at home. whatís in the big star marg?
8/15/2012 5:50:33 PM

GhostFace 321:15
Originally posted by drowland
I was also shocked to walk over to Liveryís release of bourbon tripel weizenbock to be greeted by nobody. I stood there and drank all of their sours for 15 min then drank the shit out of the release.

I didnít have 1 pour that I didnít enjoy from them.. Great stuff!
8/15/2012 9:51:26 PM

Tooch4321 11:
Originally posted by drewbeerme
Originally posted by NobleSquirrel

yeah I thought the same thing. pretty easy to do at home. whatís in the big star marg?

Big Star Margarita: Herradura Plata, San Luis Mezcal, Lime, Orange Curacao
8/16/2012 5:05:07 AM

premium
drowland 6155:172
This fest is really making me appreciate what admins go through. So many people have just added new beers instead of checking that they were already added, etc. Like adding "Brewery X Extra Special Bitter" when their ESB was already in the system and obviously the same beer. I think I aliased about 700 beers today already.

8/16/2012 6:16:13 AM

Home > Forums > Beer Travel

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add
Advanced Search
Add A Beer
Add A Brewer