RateBeer

Great Taste of the Midwest 2012 Thread

read 22641 times • 397 replies •

Thread Frozen

northernbrews
beers 25 º places 14 º 05:19 Mon 6/11/2012

Sheraton right by Olin Park. Great spot for sure. Bummed Iím not heading out this year (trying to make it out to FOBAB instead) but Iíll definitely be back. We had some pretty wicked beers at the hotel tasting last year! I know I was pretty hammered Friday night after the pre-parties and 2 straight hours of pounding Lolita and BCS Vanilla for free at the Goose event. I donít even remember my father-in-law drinking the final push/kiwi blend :)

madvike
beers 3105 º places 3 º 05:51 Mon 6/11/2012

Originally posted by northernbrews
Sheraton right by Olin Park. Great spot for sure. Bummed Iím not heading out this year (trying to make it out to FOBAB instead) but Iíll definitely be back. We had some pretty wicked beers at the hotel tasting last year! I know I was pretty hammered Friday night after the pre-parties and 2 straight hours of pounding Lolita and BCS Vanilla for free at the Goose event. I donít even remember my father-in-law drinking the final push/kiwi blend :)

I doubt your father-in-law does either...

Tooch4321
beers 11 º 06:21 Mon 6/11/2012

Matt, I gotta talk to you about some hotels in the Middleton area, I need some advice...

KAF
beers 448 º places 100 º 13:24 Mon 6/11/2012

I drove to Madison and waited in line to get my ticket. First time going and I cannot wait.

drowland
premium
beers 7055 º places 216 º 13:28 Mon 6/11/2012

Originally posted by KAF
I drove to Madison and waited in line to get my ticket. First time going and I cannot wait.

Popped my cherry last year and it was awesome.

KAF
beers 448 º places 100 º 13:38 Mon 6/11/2012

Originally posted by drowland
Originally posted by KAF

How do you find out about the events/releases for Friday before? Do the different bars post notices online or is there a main site with a listing of tap takeovers?

TheAlum
premium
beers 6373 º places 10 º 13:43 Mon 6/11/2012

Originally posted by KAF
Originally posted by KAF

How do you find out about the events/releases for Friday before? Do the different bars post notices online or is there a main site with a listing of tap takeovers?

MHTH Website, BeerSpot, and a beer news blog up there usually posts them.

We keep this thread moving as info comes out, so just keep checking back.

madvike
beers 3105 º places 3 º 16:53 Mon 6/11/2012

Originally posted by TheAlum
Originally posted by KAF
Originally posted by KAF

MHTH Website, BeerSpot, and a beer news blog up there usually posts them.

We keep this thread moving as info comes out, so just keep checking back.

I think Madison Beer Review is the blog Adam is referring to. For an idea of what they had last year, check out http://www.madisonbeerreview.com/2011/08/your-guide-to-pre-great-taste-events.html.

Brigadier
premium
beers 3275 º places 291 º 13:23 Mon 6/18/2012

Have people started getting their tickets in the mail yet? I saw that my check was cashed a few weeks ago but have yet to see anytthing in the mailbox.

levifunk
beers 12 º 13:29 Mon 6/18/2012

is Todd for real coming?