RateBeer

Great Taste of the Midwest 2012 Thread

read 22640 times • 397 replies •

Thread Frozen
 
t0rin0
premium
beers 72 º places 1508 º 12:46 Thu 6/21/2012

Originally posted by pepsiedcan
Originally posted by t0rin0
2 for 2, 4 tickets. See you jerks there.


And I wiff with 0 for 10 between all of my friends.




Crap, that reminds me, I have this bottle of Speedway sitting here for you that really needs to get shipped. Iíll add a bottle of homebrewed Berliner to ease your pain.

 
t0rin0
premium
beers 72 º places 1508 º 12:04 Mon 6/25/2012

Room booked at the Sheraton. Is there a list of events going on in Madison on Friday (and presumably after the fest on Saturday)?

 
TheAlum
premium
beers 6373 º places 10 º 12:06 Mon 6/25/2012

Originally posted by t0rin0
Room booked at the Sheraton. Is there a list of events going on in Madison on Friday (and presumably after the fest on Saturday)?


All the events are of Friday.

They wonít be listed for another month or so..

 
DietPepsican
premium
beers 1533 º places 56 º 12:08 Mon 6/25/2012

Originally posted by t0rin0
Room booked at the Sheraton. Is there a list of events going on in Madison on Friday (and presumably after the fest on Saturday)?


Hang out with Pepsiedcan on Friday should be on your to do list.

I usually just go to Maduro early, meet up with a bunch of beer dorks, listen to options, tag along with people. Just like the GTMW itself, you never could keep up with doing everything you would want to do.

 
TheAlum
premium
beers 6373 º places 10 º 12:10 Mon 6/25/2012

Right.. usually hit Maduro early.. 2-3 PM.

After that, a bunch of RBers roamed around to a few different parties last year.

Was a pretty good time.

 
DietPepsican
premium
beers 1533 º places 56 º 12:10 Mon 6/25/2012

Originally posted by TheAlum


All the events are of Friday.

They wonít be listed for another month or so..


I remember even 3 or 4 years ago Saturday events and even Sunday events. I think.

 
t0rin0
premium
beers 72 º places 1508 º 12:22 Mon 6/25/2012

We need to get all the angriest Ratebeerians in one place at one time for a Player Haters Ball. The only event I know of so far is one being put on by the Beer Spot people and it looks to be an open invite. Guessing itís this place.

Not sure exactly when weíll get into town but Iím thinking weíll leave Chicago around breakfast time, maybe hit New Glarus and one or two other places on the way (Grumpy Troll might warrant another visit), before checking in and hitting some events.

 
TheAlum
premium
beers 6373 º places 10 º 12:32 Mon 6/25/2012

Originally posted by t0rin0
We need to get all the angriest Ratebeerians in one place at one time for a Player Haters Ball. The only event I know of so far is one being put on by the Beer Spot people and it looks to be an open invite. Guessing itís this place.

Not sure exactly when weíll get into town but Iím thinking weíll leave Chicago around breakfast time, maybe hit New Glarus and one or two other places on the way (Grumpy Troll might warrant another visit), before checking in and hitting some events.


Yeah, BeerSpot has there event there every year. Itís a bit further off the square where more events are..

3 floors.. sampler pours of most beers. But they started doing timed releases last year.. It can get pretty busy.

I broke off from the main RB group for some Shorts ticks last year.. but joined back up shortly after.

 
DietPepsican
premium
beers 1533 º places 56 º 12:33 Mon 6/25/2012

Originally posted by t0rin0
(Grumpy Troll might warrant another visit)


Thatís a total Scroll Past since the brewer left a few years ago.

 
cbfobes
beers 2731 º places 27 º 12:38 Mon 6/25/2012

Originally posted by pepsiedcan
Originally posted by t0rin0
(Grumpy Troll might warrant another visit)


Thatís a total Scroll Past since the brewer left a few years ago.


Speaking of this brewer, I had the Jorge Jalapeno Ale from Sweet Mullets this weekend, much like Slow Eddie it was enjoyable.