RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Travel | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Great Taste of the Midwest 2013 Thread

read 13128 times • 296 replies • posted 5/5/2013 10:49:10 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30

premium
Bacterial 1585:58
Maybe Iíll meet you there for lunch for another IP trade - need any Surly?
7/11/2013 12:33:03 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
TheGuy 653:26
I have an extra ticket for anybody who needs one, face value shoot me a BM
7/11/2013 2:19:32 PM

cptnspeed1
Didnít realize the thread was still going on here or I would have posted it here too.

Originally posted by TheAlum
DESTIHL and Stillwater @ Brasserie V on Friday

Milwaukee Brew Co @ Tipsy Cow on Friday (Credit to BA)

Osoís @ Blue Moon on Friday (Credit to BA)

Working on a couple others..
7/11/2013 2:21:38 PM

iowaherkeye 2691:29
Originally posted by jlruthven
Originally posted by elkhunter36
Originally posted by drewbeerme
Is there another TG event at Dexterís this year?

At the KBBS release both Clark and Mike told me they were going to be at Dexterís. Plus its on the calendar on their website.

Spoke with Chad on Tuesday. Theyíre looking at 10-12 taps, including another 1/6 of Morniní Delight.

Dexterís is so completely out of the way. I have a feeling itíll be much more clusterfucky this year. Heíll, last year there were only like a dozen people, my party of five included. Good for them!
7/11/2013 5:31:20 PM

premium
madvike 2753:3
Originally posted by iowaherkeye

At the KBBS release both Clark and Mike told me they were going to be at Dexterís. Plus its on the calendar on their website.

Spoke with Chad on Tuesday. Theyíre looking at 10-12 taps, including another 1/6 of Morniní Delight.

Dexterís is so completely out of the way. I have a feeling itíll be much more clusterfucky this year. Heíll, last year there were only like a dozen people, my party of five included. Good for them!

If thereís something worthwhile at Malt House, Iíll probably swing by that and Dexterís. If Dexterís is a shitshow, itís time to move on.
7/12/2013 7:29:10 AM

premium
TheAlum 5721:10
Originally posted by madvike
Originally posted by iowaherkeye

If thereís something worthwhile at Malt House, Iíll probably swing by that and Dexterís. If Dexterís is a shitshow, itís time to move on.

I really enjoyed my lunch @ Dexterís last year.

Everything was on except a cask.. and the few bottles of Assassin the brewers passed around in the evening.

I can understand the draw of possibly getting a MD draft (Though, Iíd take a guess and say itís more likely that is at the festival than Dexters - though it could be both), but itís just too far out from everything else for me if itís a later evening tapping.

Like to be in bed by 10 for 10-1030 AM Setup..

7/12/2013 7:32:00 AM

premium
TheAlum 5721:10
Then again, I need to be @ the Destihl event at some point which is pretty much the complete opposite way of Dexterís from the square.. so thatís a large contributor there.
7/12/2013 7:34:22 AM

premium
ICEatALAMO 941:16
Why is Dexterís so far out of the way. This is my first time, and realize that it out of the main downtown area, but didnít seem like more than a 5 minute cab ride.

If it is out of the way, where will all the action be. Is there a good group of solid craft beer bars all within walking distance. Not really looking for the MI tap take overs since I live in MI, but will be there early friday, and like I said, since this is my first time, I would like to check out as much as I can.

Your suggestions are appreciated. I think we are staying at the Hilton Madison Monona Terrace.
7/12/2013 10:53:35 AM

cbfobes 2295:26
Originally posted by ICEatALAMO
Why is Dexterís so far out of the way. This is my first time, and realize that it out of the main downtown area, but didnít seem like more than a 5 minute cab ride.

If it is out of the way, where will all the action be. Is there a good group of solid craft beer bars all within walking distance. Not really looking for the MI tap take overs since I live in MI, but will be there early friday, and like I said, since this is my first time, I would like to check out as much as I can.

Your suggestions are appreciated. I think we are staying at the Hilton Madison Monona Terrace.

Itís out of the way if you were planning on walking everywhere downtown. Madison is so small and non congested itís only about a 5 minute drive to park downtown from Dexters, well within reach. Within walking distance of Dexters is the Malt House as well, always worth a stop if in the area.
7/12/2013 11:24:31 AM

premium
madvike 2753:3
Originally posted by ICEatALAMO

Youíre in a great spot. The Capitol Square is probably the highest concentration of pre-parties. Off the top of my head Old Fashioned, Tipsy Cow, Cooperís Tavern, Argus, Maduro, Madisonís, Great Dane are all on or just off the square. Brickhouse is a fairly close walk, and Iím sure there will be parties at a couple places on State Street.

Itís all personal preference anyways--a couple years ago they had Fou Foune on at Brasserie V, which is on the periphery of the pre-parties, off by itself. Regardless of what else was going on, THAT was where the action was for me that year.
7/12/2013 11:56:58 AM

Home > Forums > Beer Travel

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add
Advanced Search
Add A Beer
Add A Brewer