Growler-filling etiquette

Reads 2968 • Replies 13 • Started Wednesday, February 3, 2016 11:55:13 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 15:59 Wed 2/3/2016

Ya know whats weird? I’ve never had an issue with this. Maybe been short-poured a few times at a brewery but its rare. Growler fills I usually get topped off. Maybe its the quality of the places or the people working but when I see these threads I wonder if maybe I’m naive, so I pay attention the next few times and its never been noteworthy.

As far as how I would handle it...I’d be annoyed if I planned to send it to someone as it can hurt the beer by having space in the growler (I think?) If I get a 64oz growler and they fill it to 62oz, tevs. Saves me some calories.

spacecoyote
17:23 Wed 2/3/2016

Originally posted by TheHOFF43
Ya know whats weird? I’ve never had an issue with this. Maybe been short-poured a few times at a brewery but its rare. Growler fills I usually get topped off. Maybe its the quality of the places or the people working but when I see these threads I wonder if maybe I’m naive, so I pay attention the next few times and its never been noteworthy.

As far as how I would handle it...I’d be annoyed if I planned to send it to someone as it can hurt the beer by having space in the growler (I think?) If I get a 64oz growler and they fill it to 62oz, tevs. Saves me some calories.

What I did was top up the 1L from the 32oz that I filled for myself. Not ideal by any standard, but at least it won’t go flat in transit.

spacecoyote
17:26 Wed 2/3/2016

Originally posted by DrSilverworm
Originally posted by spacecoyote
During my previous visit I tried chatting this guy up, and asked him, "What have you had lately that was really exciting? What stands out?" He replied, "Well, I just got back from Boston, so...".

Thanks for not simply asking "Whaddya got that’s rare??" That has to be my least favorite question.

This ain’t my first rodeo.

I was born at night, but not last night.

And so on.