RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > UK & Ireland | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Guinness

read 3876 times • 57 replies • posted 1/29/2011 4:33:51 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

premium
dynamiteninja 1488:50
Why is Guinness Draught so highly rated on this site?
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
cgarvieuk 14176:150
Originally posted by dynamiteninja
Why is Guinness Draught so highly rated on this site?

For many people its a gateway beer into more interesting things
The first step away from crap lager
1/29/2011 4:37:42 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
chriso 7347:368
Perhaps because some poor misguided souls have scored it 4.0 or higher.
1/29/2011 9:29:54 AM

premium
Originally posted by chriso
Perhaps because some poor misguided souls have scored it 4.0 or higher.

<ahem>
1/29/2011 10:21:35 AM

premium
Itís shockingly variable in the UK. There are few places I trust to keep it right. Whereas from a week in Dublin I saw three or four Guinness quality control team vans. Wherever you go there, a Guinness is far superior. Asides from their novelty and scarcity factor, Iíd favour Guinness over the Porterhouse and Maguire stouts, with the possible exception of Porterhouse Oyster Stout.
1/29/2011 10:33:36 AM

InvalidStout
Itís shockingly variable in the UK. There are few places I trust to keep it right.

It comes in a sealed dustbin. What is there to keep right or wrong?
1/29/2011 11:14:10 AM

traPISSED 102:
Itís shockingly variable in the UK. There are few places I trust to keep it right. Whereas from a week in Dublin I saw three or four Guinness quality control team vans. Wherever you go there, a Guinness is far superior. Asides from their novelty and scarcity factor, Iíd favour Guinness over the Porterhouse and Maguire stouts, with the possible exception of Porterhouse Oyster Stout.

Try to get your hands on the new Clanconnel Stout, its supurb plus the Whitewater Belfast Black is also very good!
1/29/2011 11:27:49 AM

premium

One of the most shocking pints of Guinness i ever had was at the Guinness museum. Guinness them selves cant even look after it.
1/29/2011 11:39:29 AM

Gazza 726:163
Itís shockingly variable in the UK. There are few places I trust to keep it right.

WTF???
You canít "keep" Guinness, itís pasteurised and dead so wonít improve or, unless you put the keg in an oven, go bad. The only way you can fuck it up serving-wise is to keep the same keg on for months, never clean the lines (although you donít need to that often with keg, itís a bit of a myth) or over/under carbonate it.
So, for a laugh, tell us how a "properly kept" Guinness would be?

Wherever you go there, a Guinness is far superior.

No it isnít. It tastes exactly the same as it does over here as itís the same beer.

Asides from their novelty and scarcity factor, Iíd favour Guinness over the Porterhouse and Maguire stouts, with the possible exception of Porterhouse Oyster Stout.

Now Iím convinced you are simply a troll.

No-one with any tastebuds could possibly, ever, think that tasteless crap is in any way comparable to Wrasslers or Maguires plain.

Iím out.
1/29/2011 12:24:54 PM

premium
MagicDave6 1:1
Originally posted by Gazza

WTF???
You canít "keep" Guinness, itís pasteurised and dead so wonít improve or, unless you put the keg in an oven, go bad. The only way you can fuck it up serving-wise is to keep the same keg on for months, never clean the lines (although you donít need to that often with keg, itís a bit of a myth) or over/under carbonate it.

Wherever you go there, a Guinness is far superior.

No it isnít. It tastes exactly the same as it does over here as itís the same beer.

Asides from their novelty and scarcity factor, Iíd favour Guinness over the Porterhouse and Maguire stouts, with the possible exception of Porterhouse Oyster Stout.

Now Iím convinced you are simply a troll.

No-one with any tastebuds could possibly, ever, think that tasteless crap is in any way comparable to Wrasslers or Maguires plain.

Iím out.

Gazza is 100% correct here. Guinness is 100% a shit product, note its not a beer, just a means to get drunk like an alocopop, Your beig led into this Diagio driven market of Guinness tastes better in Ireland or whereever they sell 70 off 22ís pf the stuff a week. Fuck off its absolutly shite beer, fuckin terrible stuff and I actually in terms of flavour profile prefer stella over it.
1/29/2011 1:32:03 PM

premium
Originally posted by Gazza

WTF???

I dont know what the difference is, as your right there really nothing that should change it. But man i found it really variable from pub to pub, way back when it was my drink of choice.

1/29/2011 1:38:35 PM

Home > Forums > UK & Ireland

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers