Has anyone had any issues shipping beer INTO the US?

Reads 1124 • Replies 18 • Started Tuesday, October 25, 2016 1:52:43 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Crit
beers 5014 º places 159 º 20:12 Tue 10/25/2016

Originally posted by Countbeer
A couple of years back I had send a box to the States which was confiscated. That was a damn good box and loosing those beers made me re think the whole shipping beers to the states thing.
Than I kept trying and all went fine, inc the west coast. But quite recently a box to Canada, which I never had problems with before, was also confiscated and thus another fine box was gone...

Which province in Canada ?

Countbeer
beers 6586 º places 259 º 01:50 Wed 10/26/2016

Originally posted by Crit
A couple of years back I had send a box to the States which was confiscated. That was a damn good box and loosing those beers made me re think the whole shipping beers to the states thing.
Than I kept trying and all went fine, inc the west coast. But quite recently a box to Canada, which I never had problems with before, was also confiscated and thus another fine box was gone...

I think Ontario

minutemat
beers 14555 º places 546 º 08:49 Wed 10/26/2016

Sent a parcel from England to Montana for the first time about 6 weeks ago. It was collected by courier on the Monday and arrived safe & sound on the Friday. No issues at all. I can’t recall if I stated that alcohol was in the box.

DuffMan
beers 10981 º places 349 º 09:49 Wed 10/26/2016

I think Ontario

I’m not a massive trader, but I do a few per year. I stopped having beers shipped to me in Canada years ago, after having two shipments in a row seized by customs (one was an expensive box from Netherlands). I live in southern Alberta less than two hours from Montana, so I have all my trades shipped there to a business called At The Border Storage. They will hold any parcel in a temperature controlled warehouse for up to 3 months for $5

Countbeer
beers 6586 º places 259 º 13:30 Wed 10/26/2016

Originally posted by DuffMan

I think Ontario

I’m not a massive trader, but I do a few per year. I stopped having beers shipped to me in Canada years ago, after having two shipments in a row seized by customs (one was an expensive box from Netherlands). I live in southern Alberta less than two hours from Montana, so I have all my trades shipped there to a business called At The Border Storage. They will hold any parcel in a temperature controlled warehouse for up to 3 months for $5

Oh wow, that’s a great solution! Only $5 and that for 3 months in a temp controlled warehouse! Awesome!

I will try and send a little make up box soon...

MrHangover
beers 4691 º places 75 º 18:29 Wed 10/26/2016

I’ve done several trades outside of the EU and only had troubles twice. Once with Canada (box being seized and destroyed) and one with Florida. The last one was a real pain, because it took a good 5 months for the box to be released and reach my reciever. Very annoying. Never had any problems with CA or other states *knocks on wood*

anon84892
beers 3284 º places 21 º 22:38 Wed 10/26/2016

I’ve sent quite a few boxes to America from UK and only had one stopped. It was on the UK side. They made me go collect it from the airport and refused to give a refund. Pain in the ass but at least the beers were saved. Can’t remember the courier, possibly FedEx

anon84892
beers 3284 º places 21 º 22:38 Wed 10/26/2016

I’ve sent quite a few boxes to America from UK and only had one stopped. It was on the UK side. They made me go collect it from the airport and refused to give a refund. Pain in the ass but at least the beers were saved. Can’t remember the courier, possibly FedEx