Hill Farmstead policy on eBaying and Ephraim launch

Reads 19197 • Replies 148 • Started Monday, July 16, 2012 12:36:12 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

User37895
beers 3085 º places 92 º 17:26 Tue 7/17/2012

When Mr. Hill starts philanthropically giving his beer away, then he can wax philosophical about its use. As long as it is sold for a dollar, those spending the dollars get to vote and final say. It is called commerce. What a pretentious.....

User37895
beers 3085 º places 92 º 17:33 Tue 7/17/2012

Originally posted by TBone
Good that this is only there in America. In Europe we have less problems. We don’t even know what that growler-thing is.

Yup, the monks at St Sixtus aren’t of the same mold, whining about resale of their precious beers that they charge money for.

auddy5000
17:45 Tue 7/17/2012

For whatever it’s worth, my take on the great Hill Farmstead beer scalping controversy bit.ly/NwE4EB

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 18:30 Tue 7/17/2012

Originally posted by auddy5000
For whatever it’s worth, my take on the great Hill Farmstead beer scalping controversy bit.ly/NwE4EB

good stuff

http://bit.ly/NwE4EB

blklab2007
beers 2121 º places 17 º 18:31 Tue 7/17/2012

Ah crap Adam’s post was deleted... What did he say?

miketd
beers 5 º places 125 º 18:39 Tue 7/17/2012

Originally posted by blklab2007

Something about a dog needing surgery...

b3shine
beers 12115 º places 371 º 18:43 Tue 7/17/2012

Something about bringing swing tops and a funnel to the Ephraim release to violate the sanctity of beer. I think he used the term "deflower".

blklab2007
beers 2121 º places 17 º 19:01 Tue 7/17/2012

Originally posted by b3shine

Something about bringing swing tops and a funnel to the Ephraim release to violate the sanctity of beer. I think he used the term "deflower".

LEMONHEAD
places 1 º 20:57 Tue 7/17/2012

Originally posted by joet
--
Our Statement Regarding eBay and the illegal reselling of our beer...as well as the Ephraim Release:At Hill Farmstead, we honor eight generations of Greensboro ancestry by thoughtfully engaging with our heritage and with the spirit of our artisanal farmhouse ales. Decisions that we make are not the sole representation of Shaun Hill - they are the synthesis of Dan, Phil, and myself. We all agree that our decision to try a draft only release of Ephraim is the best thing that we can do for the beer.
Rather than criticizing our brewery for this decision, we encourage beer enthusiasts to look within their own community - the community of enthusiasts - stare at the folks that are hoarding beer until it is far beyond optimal, scowl at the people that are disrespectfully and illegally reselling beer on Ebay in order to gain a significant profit. The detractors from our decision seem to fail in recognizing the quintessential essence of our brewery. If a community ("craft beer") is unable to police themselves, or an individual (or individuals) is incapable of introspection, we believe that it is in the best interest of our business’s mission statement to continually alter the rules governing our enterprise and commerce in order that our beer (which, in essence, is also quite literally our entire "life") is representative of our vision. A community is only as strong as its weakest link.

"Lighten up Francis!"

BBB63
beers 6567 º places 146 º 21:36 Tue 7/17/2012

I do not have the time nor monies to pursue all the beers I want to try, there are more than enough fish in the sea. So they can do whatever they want, no effect on me one bit.

Really making a big deal about a very little fish.