RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Hopslam: 4 months later

read 1097 times • 23 replies • posted 7/3/2013 1:20:43 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3

polomagnifico 1202:15
Originally posted by sharpe1987
Just tried some Hopslam that the local Liquor Barn recently tapped. IMO it drinks better with a little age on it. Anyone else share this experience?

Yes, I think it ages really well.
7/3/2013 9:48:30 PM

Private message send the author a private message

Originally posted by joet
lots of hops and malt => okay to age, not okay to age depending on what you call it. Barley wine? Fine. DIPA? Somehow not okay.

Take labels and recommendations with a grain of salt.

+1000, I could not agree with you more!
7/3/2013 9:49:02 PM

GT2 8671:610
Some people have reported here that aged Hopslam is very good, I will never try that, but it is certainly not unbelievable.
7/4/2013 1:57:09 AM

premium
pepsican 1448:46
Originally posted by polomagnifico
Just tried some Hopslam that the local Liquor Barn recently tapped. IMO it drinks better with a little age on it. Anyone else share this experience?

7/4/2013 12:42:02 PM

peteinSD 1392:57
bells makes technically sound, high quality beers. those are the type that age well even if the hops in the aromatics and flavor drop off.
7/4/2013 1:30:11 PM

premium
queenholly 3006:42
Iíve kept mine refrigerated since I got it. I had one the other day, and it seems to have held up quite well.
7/4/2013 1:34:28 PM

TAR 2513:30
I think it gits smoover with sum age. the rough edges are smooved out and it ages pretty grate ;
7/4/2013 1:57:55 PM

premium
hopscotch 9365:242
Originally posted by 502F
No. Didnt someone make a similar thread about some Great Divide beer recently? If you think it tastes better with age, its probably because you dont actually like IPAs as much as you think you do.

Or, like me, he simply likes IPAs with some age on them. Every bit as much hop flavor and not nearly as much hop bitterness.

I donít tend to like IPAs unless they have some age on them.

Nothing wrong with that.

Many people donít like fresh fruit lambics as much as fruit lambics with some age on them. Some folks are willing to sacrafice some of the jammy fruity flavor in lieu of more acidity and funk.

Itís all good!
7/4/2013 3:25:28 PM

stumpyiliz 216:7
Draught is always better than bottles.
7/4/2013 5:00:51 PM

Originally posted by randomgarbage
Originally posted by polomagnifico

No, and for the record I think Barely Wine is the best beer style man ever made. I do enjoy Hopslam fresh and aged. Aging is a wonderful thing with some beers. The hops may fade but they fade into something wonderful in itís own right. Different but wonderful all the same. BTW, Founders Bolt Cutter is awesome. Itís like fruitcake in a bottle. Ignore the haters. End rant.
7/5/2013 3:25:11 PM

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Page 1 | 2 | 3
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers