Hostivit

Reads 558 • Replies 8 • Started Sunday, February 2, 2014 6:04:00 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Chudwick
beers 4909 º places 251 º 18:04 Sun 2/2/2014

is it available yet? I see that two people rated it already, but I was turned down at one of the Cincinnati Beer Week venues tonight. It was right there on tap and they said, "Nope". So I asked, "how about a DesChutes?" and they said, "Nope but we do have West Sixth IPA..." WTF?

DrSilverworm
beers 11383 º places 123 º 20:18 Sun 2/2/2014

I had Hostivit on tap at Moerlein. No special treatment, it’s right on the menu.

Deschutes should be available at a variety of places within Cincinnati. If you got turned down, it might be that the place was just sold out at the time. We ran out of a few things this weekend, possibly due to people stocking up for the superb owl. Dutch’s has singles of Black Butte, Red Chair, Inversion, Mirror Pond, and Hop Henge while they are in stock. Stop by.

phaleslu
admin
beers 16532 º places 792 º 08:50 Mon 2/3/2014

Hostivit should be on tap at Moerlein at least through the end of CBW, probably longer. We should see bottles, too, right? The last two CBW festival beers were bottled and widely available.

Moerlein also has Dunkleweiss on tap, replacing Se7en for the next few months. Plenty of that one to go around.

Chudwick
beers 4909 º places 251 º 10:55 Mon 2/3/2014

Went to another CBW venue and technical difficulties prevented me from having it on tap. What a streak! I should just buy a six pack from Party Source. Would love to try the dunkelweiss! Maybe on valentines day...

phaleslu
admin
beers 16532 º places 792 º 13:11 Tue 2/4/2014

Also, some other breweries will be putting Hostivit on tap. Just so everyone is clear, we’re just going to keep one master entry for the CBW beer, just like the previous two entries.

DrSilverworm
beers 11383 º places 123 º 08:11 Wed 2/5/2014

Was offered 6-packs at Dutch’s from the sales rep this week, so we should be seeing bottles eventually. Looks like it won’t be bottled by Rivertown this time, though...

Originally posted by phaleslu
Also, some other breweries will be putting Hostivit on tap. Just so everyone is clear, we’re just going to keep one master entry for the CBW beer, just like the previous two entries.

I’m for this.

phaleslu
admin
beers 16532 º places 792 º 08:11 Wed 2/5/2014

I would think it’s going to be bottled at the Moerlein brewery in OTR, no?

DrSilverworm
beers 11383 º places 123 º 09:31 Wed 2/5/2014

I believe in the past years it was bottled by Rivertown, but yeah that seems to be the case this year. All I know for sure is that it’s being offered by Ohio Valley and not Stagnero (who distributes Rivertown). We don’t have any Moerlein at Dutch’s so I can’t confirm that they are distributed by Ohio Valley off the top of my head but that is probably the case.

When I tasted it on tap I was getting a surprising amount of citrusy hop notes. I don’t think this one is a style that will age as well as past Beer Week beers may have.

Chudwick
beers 4909 º places 251 º 11:43 Thu 2/6/2014

I miss the Baltic porter so much