RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
For Sale | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

I got some Westvleterens

read 4703 times • 75 replies • posted 3/13/2012 12:07:09 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

kryptic
Originally posted by trappistworld
A few days ago I came past this website which sells Westvleteren at a affordable price.

You just happened to randomly come across that site, did you?

You donít inspire too much confidence in your company when the very first sentence that you type is obviously a lie.
3/14/2012 3:22:02 PM

Private message send the author a private message

FURLYSURIOUS 263:1
Originally posted by javit
You see the so called customer ,who canít deliver any proof, doesnít reply anymore when you are talking about proof!

Best advice I can give: donít get caught up in an argument with the trolls here. Youíre offering a good service.

Yeah, sweet dude, awesome "service." You must have overlooked the breweryís conditions listed quite plainly on their website and elsewhere:

http://www.sintsixtus.be/eng/brouwerij.htm

You are, by definition, an unauthorized reseller of Westvleteren. Get a job, bro.
3/14/2012 3:27:53 PM

pat_ernzen 8:
Originally posted by FURLYSURIOUS

You are, by definition, an unauthorized reseller of Westvleteren. Get a job, bro.

Woah, until now I never realized the insane markup of these beers from third-party people...

A bit under $70 at the brewery and $550 at this site. Good golly. Good thing Iím not crazy about the beer.
3/14/2012 3:36:53 PM

trappistworld
Originally posted by pat_ernzen

Woah, until now I never realized the insane markup of these beers from third-party people...

A bit under $70 at the brewery and $550 at this site. Good golly. Good thing Iím not crazy about the beer.

You guys need to know that you must calculate everything so shippingcost,taxes,packingmaterial,cost of the beer, PayPal... Then you will see that it isnít that much while doing this legaly!!! My company pais taxes on this and the Belgian law says everything is alright!!!
While some people think this is much try to calculate how much it would be for you to ship a crate of American beers to Belgium with all this costs and legaly!
And if you think this is much well... Belgianshop asks $820 for a crate with 8 westvleterens of each kind.
3/15/2012 4:21:18 AM

premium
Bill Becker 226:1
Originally posted by pat_ernzen

You guys need to know that you must calculate everything so shippingcost,taxes,packingmaterial,cost of the beer, PayPal... Then you will see that it isnít that much while doing this legaly!!! My company pais taxes on this and the Belgian law says everything is alright!!!
While some people think this is much try to calculate how much it would be for you to ship a crate of American beers to Belgium with all this costs and legaly!
And if you think this is much well... Belgianshop asks $820 for a crate with 8 westvleterens of each kind.

Not each kind, just the ones that are currently in production. Sorry for the nitpicking.
3/15/2012 4:45:46 PM

Philliam
Iím not going to chime in on the fight between belgianshop and trappistworld, but I would just like to add my two cents. I recently ordered from trappistworld. I received nothing but kind communication and all six bottles were received in absolute pristine condition. I could not be happier, so take that for what itís worth.
3/19/2012 11:38:01 AM

premium
AdamJackson 2386:181
My advice to anyone ordering from these Belgium Beer websites is to really do the math. You could just as easily get a direct flight Boston to Amsterdam or JFK to Paris and hop on a train to Belgium, rent a car and sleep in it (avoiding hotel costs) and pick up 2 cases of Westy, another 20-30 bottles of CAntillon or 3F and whatever else you want then spend roughly 300 Euro mailing it all to yourself in boxes. Then, youíre probably down about 2 grand TOTAL for travel + Beer + shipping. Youíd spend more if you bought it through these websites and miss out on the awesome adventure that is visiting Belgium and these breweries.

Iím going to Belgium for the 3rd time in May and itís always a blast. Now, on my 3rd visit, I have shops in Belgium holding beer for me, friends in Belgium who have already secured U-Line shippers and have agreed to take the boxes to the post for me and ship them.

I understand itís easier to just click a mouse on a beer website but you canít complain about the 5-10X markup. I know that not all of us are in the situation to take a week off work but, if you are, know that you can save money by going yourself if you buy a lot while youíre there. For 5 West12s and a few Cantillon here and there, those sites are still a good deal.
3/19/2012 1:12:40 PM

dmschefke 566:49
Originally posted by Philliam
Iím not going to chime in on the fight between belgianshop and trappistworld, but I would just like to add my two cents. I recently ordered from trappistworld. I received nothing but kind communication and all six bottles were received in absolute pristine condition. I could not be happier, so take that for what itís worth.

Oh boy. Another testimonial from a handle just started today...
3/19/2012 2:46:43 PM

premium
EdKing 1796:135
This is the strangest, most surreal thread since Iíve joined. Two shops masquerading as ícustomersí blowing their cover to bitch fight in front of the very audience they were trying to impress. Ratebeer Fight Club! Ratebeer Fight Club! Ratebeer Fight Club!
3/19/2012 2:56:58 PM

javit
Originally posted by javit
You see the so called customer ,who canít deliver any proof, doesnít reply anymore when you are talking about proof!

Best advice I can give: donít get caught up in an argument with the trolls here. Youíre offering a good service.

Yeah, sweet dude, awesome "service." You must have overlooked the breweryís conditions listed quite plainly on their website and elsewhere:

Really? So youíre saying youíve never tried a Westy 12 in the states? Címon.
3/19/2012 3:08:48 PM

Home > Forums > For Sale

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers