RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Homebrew | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Ideas for post-fermentation Cider flavourings

read 195 times • 2 replies • posted 1/3/2014 5:10:17 AM

premium
VsXsV 1896:38
Iíve got some 50 litres (13 gallons) of dry apple cider sitting, totally fermented and aged for a few months. The plan is to bottle some of it as is and some aged on oak (either chips or barrel depending on if I get the barrel clean). Though, considering that thereís quite a lot of cider itíd be interesting to do some other variants. Iím thinking of dry hopping with some really pungent, fruity hop. Iíve earlier flavoured with elderflower extract which turned out nice. Since itís already fermented to a very dry point (havenít measured but well below 1010 Iíd reckon), thereís not really any idea to pitch some interesting yeast (everythingís fermented with WLP001), so if anyone has an idea of some fruit, spice or anything else that could be used Iíd be really interested in suggestions.
Reply to OP

Private message Send the author a private message

premium
boisebeerguy 63:10
I have done a lot of ciders. One great thing I have used is Chai either the tea packets or liquid you buy in the store. Depending on the ABV you might try cutting with another juice. Also I have noticed back sweetening to bring it up to 1.020. And for hops I would try dry hopping it with citra hops, I have done all of these and all came out great.
1/8/2014 2:30:06 AM

Post a reply Post reply

Private message send the author a private message

premium
ekstedt 5215:104
I just dry hopped a lambic with loads of Citra hops, and it turned out great!
1/8/2014 5:19:28 AM

Post a reply Post reply

Private message send the author a private message

Homebrew Shops - A collection of homebrew shops and supply houses submitted by RateBeer readers

Homebrewing Articles - RateBeer Magazine's homebrewing department

Homebrew Recipes - Experiment, share and post your own homebrew recipes

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add