If Four Loco was made by Anhueser Busch instead of some small company? Would it get banned

Reads 2663 • Replies 22 • Started Thursday, August 2, 2012 7:31:04 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 21:51 Thu 8/2/2012

haha

Cletus
beers 6349 º places 233 º 22:49 Thu 8/2/2012

I have 16 Four Loko waiting for the day Ratebeer allows these gems into the database.

Cletus
beers 6349 º places 233 º 22:52 Thu 8/2/2012

And Paul Oakenfold is cool in a weird way, but Sasha and Digweed were cooler in an even more weird way. Throw in the Rabbit in the Moon and...

DaSilky1
beers 2607 º places 66 º 23:59 Thu 8/2/2012

Why is four loko still on the shelves of practically every convenience and liquor store I go into if it was banned? Is it that its manufacture was banned but its still allowed to be sold until it dries up? I’m new to all this banned beverages nonsense

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 00:03 Fri 8/3/2012

Originally posted by DaSilky1
Why is four loko still on the shelves of practically every convenience and liquor store I go into if it was banned? Is it that its manufacture was banned but its still allowed to be sold until it dries up? I’m new to all this banned beverages nonsense

The alcoholic Four Loko is banned. They still market the non alcoholic version and kept the same packaging.

dankman
beers 257 º places 20 º 04:36 Fri 8/3/2012

Originally posted by GT2

The alcoholic Four Loko is banned. They still market the non alcoholic version and kept the same packaging.

They still sell the alcoholic version in my area but I think the recipe was changed.

TheBeerSommelier
04:49 Fri 8/3/2012

Originally posted by dankman
Originally posted by GT2

They still sell the alcoholic version in my area but I think the recipe was changed.

Sans caffeine.

It was the combination of caffeine and high abv that got the legislators’ panties in a wad.

JK
beers 7296 º places 442 º 06:24 Fri 8/3/2012

Originally posted by 502F
Against my first instinct, I think this guy is not in this for actual academic/substantial research. I would suspect he is a InBev drone who lied on his resume, somehow landed a marketing/research job that he is unqualified for (rich associated dad, or perhaps a mom who aborted Mr Busch’ 15th born to keep the tartar off of his record), got really excited that he got the job, got his first assignment, panicked when he got his first assignment, realized he was totally unqualified, beat off in the handicap stall of the employee bathroom on the floor below his twice in a row to relieve the stress, then created an account here so that we can do his work for him.

Be honest, am I close?

This is very inappropriate in the industry forum.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 07:10 Fri 8/3/2012

Originally posted by JK
Originally posted by 502F
Against my first instinct, I think this guy is not in this for actual academic/substantial research. I would suspect he is a InBev drone who lied on his resume, somehow landed a marketing/research job that he is unqualified for (rich associated dad, or perhaps a mom who aborted Mr Busch’ 15th born to keep the tartar off of his record), got really excited that he got the job, got his first assignment, panicked when he got his first assignment, realized he was totally unqualified, beat off in the handicap stall of the employee bathroom on the floor below his twice in a row to relieve the stress, then created an account here so that we can do his work for him.

Be honest, am I close?

This is very inappropriate in the industry forum.

I would agree completely.

jesskidden
places 1 º 07:45 Fri 8/3/2012

Before the banning of those Four Loko-type of malt beverage that contained caffeine by the FDA, a group of state attorney generals had already gone to both Anheuser Busch and Miller and got them to agreed to reformulate their similar "energy" drinks to remove the caffeine - AB’s Bud Extra (originally called B to the E) and Tilt and Miller’s Sparks.