I’m new here. Do I get notifications, like in fb, that tells me when someone comments on m

Reads 1415 • Replies 16 • Started Saturday, October 26, 2013 10:03:38 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

502Che
beers 999 º places 47 º 23:15 Sat 10/26/2013

Originally posted by Haze76
Sure, you may be right in your experience, just not in mine. Every human body reacts differently to different things. Ironically, I have personally found that i achieve a better feeling on 9% than I do on 11%.+. I don’t know the science behind it, I just know that its true for me and my personal experience.
Originally posted by 502F
So whats the deal with 11+% beers? M i rite?!

If you feel "better" from the 9% offering, thats one thing. But to claim that you feel more drunk from the 9% beer than you do from the 11% beer is... Well lets just say that there is no "science behind that"

Also, responding below the text you are quoting/responding to is more intuitive than responding above it, but to each their own.

Haze76
beers 18 º places 2 º 23:15 Sat 10/26/2013

Well, thanks for the warm welcome! You rock!

Originally posted by 502F
Originally posted by Haze76
Huh?
Originally posted by bytemesis
calm down a bit, ease yourself in.

Its a nice way of saying "dont join the site and immediately dump 3 threads in rapid succession announcing that you’re new here". Sometimes is easier to just create one thread, introduce yourself, and ask all of your questions at once, or as they come to you, within a single thread. People are generally quite nice and helpful around here. Also, many basic questions can be answered by looking at the FAQ, testing, and poking around a bit.

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 23:59 Sat 10/26/2013

If you click My Account, then on the left is Latest Posts which will show you which threads you’ve commented on are still moving with other comments.

If you have a status update or click from a beer page "I’m drinking this now", which will make that beer your status update, if someone comments on it a green quote box will show up near the top of the screen where the My Account link is. If someone sends you a private message, a white mail icon will appear until you read your mail.

radarsock
beers 1226 º places 112 º 07:14 Sun 10/27/2013

Crazy stuff.

Haze76
beers 18 º places 2 º 07:46 Sun 10/27/2013

Perfect, thank you!!

Originally posted by GT2
If you click My Account, then on the left is Latest Posts which will show you which threads you’ve commented on are still moving with other comments.

If you have a status update or click from a beer page "I’m drinking this now", which will make that beer your status update, if someone comments on it a green quote box will show up near the top of the screen where the My Account link is. If someone sends you a private message, a white mail icon will appear until you read your mail.

Reminyze
beers 8421 º places 237 º 11:21 Sun 10/27/2013

Hi Haze,
To answer your questions finally:
This isn’t Facebook and you never ever get kind of notifications. When you post something in the forum, you have to go back to the thread to see if someone answered. People are not able to comment any beer ratings. You can get and receive mails from other users - they are to be found when you get in your inbox (or through the little envelope beside "my account").
But you can comment on the beer drinking status of the user but you won’t get notifications either - you only see the response easily when you friended that user.