I’m trading Tree House King JJJuliusss cans

Reads 5942 • Replies 54 • Started Sunday, June 26, 2016 9:34:21 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 12:14 Wed 6/29/2016

Originally posted by spacecoyote
Originally posted by djd07
It was more of how condescending the OP was rather than just posting an auction.

I really can’t stand when someone thinks these they are imparting wisdom, when they think they are schooling someone, by trolling them.

spacecoyote
12:23 Wed 6/29/2016

It was more of how condescending the OP was rather than just posting an auction.

Again, is it up to any of us to judge his sincerity?

Do you really think asking for unicorns made him condescending?

I really can’t stand when someone thinks these they are imparting wisdom, when they think they are schooling someone, by trolling them.

Everyone wo trades knows what he meant by unicorn, but some people decided that putting this guy on trial for a euphemism was going to be good for the community. Either that, or they did it out of spite. Whichever it was, it was misguided and served no purpose.

Nothing to do with the unicorn comment

Sure it does.

I seriously doubt the OP would have taken the tone that he had if it weren’t for the passive-aggressive comments directed at his use of unicorn in the first place.

This thread reminds of that episode of Its Always Sunny, where Dennis goes back to his old frat, and he thinks he’s a legend but the younger guys just laugh in his face.

That’s what’s happening here. People who think that since they’ve been around a while it gives them the right to dictate how trading should work. So you guys poke and prod the OP with little trolling posts, and rather than be humbled by it and grovel to the Old Guard, he takes it in stride and gives the attitude right back. But that just enrages those who sought to put the OP in his place to begin with.

It’s pathetic behavior, and it is that prevailing attitude that is directly related to a drop in membership/users here and an uptick at Talkbeer and Untappd. Why? Because no one wants to hang out with us anymore! Everyone’s so grumpy, we take ourselves way too seriously, and we act like our opinion matters more than someone else’s.

To sum up, you’re all wrong and I hate your stupid faces.

djd07
beers 28635 º places 45 º 12:31 Wed 6/29/2016

Everyone wo trades knows what he meant by unicorn, but some people decided that putting this guy on trial for a euphemism was going to be good for the community. Either that, or they did it out of spite. Whichever it was, it was misguided and served no purpose.

Sure it does.

I seriously doubt the OP would have taken the tone that he had if it weren’t for the passive-aggressive comments directed at his use of unicorn in the first place.

This thread reminds of that episode of Its Always Sunny, where Dennis goes back to his old frat, and he thinks he’s a legend but the younger guys just laugh in his face.

That’s what’s happening here. People who think that since they’ve been around a while it gives them the right to dictate how trading should work. So you guys poke and prod the OP with little trolling posts, and rather than be humbled by it and grovel to the Old Guard, he takes it in stride and gives the attitude right back. But that just enrages those who sought to put the OP in his place to begin with.

It’s pathetic behavior, and it is that prevailing attitude that is directly related to a drop in membership/users here and an uptick at Talkbeer and Untappd. Why? Because no one wants to hang out with us anymore! Everyone’s so grumpy, we take ourselves way too seriously, and we act like our opinion matters more than someone else’s.

What’s your major dude?

mrhopsbeertalk
places 36 º 15:24 Wed 6/29/2016

Wow, let me start by saying you all really need to let this go and find something better to occupy your minds. What an absolute waste of energy. Unless a moderator or admin finds a legitimate problem with the post any criticism is absolutely pointless. I have no plans to change this post or reword any future posts to abide any of you. If you take issue with the specific language... as some of you guessed it was in direct response to uninformed users who think any decent beer from an above average brewery was game for the trade. If you still don’t understand and accept the term Unicorn, I don’t care unless you ask with the intent of learning something. I will also point out that absolutely none of you had the stones to write a direct message of constructive criticism or advice or even to offer an opinion. You chose to do it a public forum in a very safe meaningless context. Boring... Luckily, the trades are going well. I received several private messages from interested parties who figured out what to offer. As a parting note, the content of this thread is the EXACT reason why people who prefer the craft are giving the craft and it’s patrons a bad image. Congrats, continue to marginalize the site. Again, irrelevant. I like this site, the mechanics primarily. I wouldn’t care if you all quit. Take a deep breath open a beer you like and find someway to improve the situation. Stand on a soap box, get treated like it...

spacecoyote
16:14 Wed 6/29/2016

Shut up, no ones talking to you.

Benzai
beers 20020 º places 321 º 17:30 Wed 6/29/2016

Originally posted by ClarkVV
Originally posted by CH-303
Has that been considered here (not allowing responses to trade posts)?

It has. And is in the process of being implemented.

Why? What’s the gain?

Benzai
beers 20020 º places 321 º 17:31 Wed 6/29/2016

Everyone wo trades knows what he meant by unicorn,

Nope, not a clue. Similar rarity? Similar costs? Wants ivory from and Asian rhino?

spacecoyote
17:51 Wed 6/29/2016

Originally posted by Benzai

Everyone wo trades knows what he meant by unicorn,

Nope, not a clue. Similar rarity? Similar costs? Wants ivory from and Asian rhino?

Without having a clue you seem to guess pretty well.

michcam8
beers 593 º places 34 º 20:19 Wed 6/29/2016

I have a couple of HF (OH) unicorn cans if still ISO? BM if interested?

joeneugs
beers 6372 º places 240 º 22:09 Wed 6/29/2016

Sure it does.

Mr. Wile E. Coyote speaks the truth.

This is a pretty accurate depiction of what went down in this thread, and why the moves were made to the trade forum.

I’d still rather hang out with the ratebeer crowd than any other though.

Trading Policy  

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

View Beer Deliveries
New To Trading?
Mail Order Beer
 P  Most Wanted Beer