Impy Stout Marinade for pork tenderloin

Reads 1434 • Replies 5 • Started Monday, June 11, 2012 6:49:19 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

sefus12
beers 1 º places 3 º 06:49 Mon 6/11/2012

Ok folks. Got a few pork tenderloins to grill this week and looking to make a marinade out of a slightly-past-drinking-prime RIS I have in the basement. Any good ideas on what to add to the beer? I’ve used the beer before with a touch of honey and some simple spices (salt, garlic pepper, black pepper) but wanted to try something different. Just let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks!

Beau

RABinCO
beers 1511 º places 103 º 06:52 Mon 6/11/2012

I typically add a little cinnamon to a similar mix. And a little coffee always goes good.

Danko
06:54 Mon 6/11/2012

You could make it an umami bomb with lost of garlic, tomato purée, smoked paprika powder for heat and instead of salt use soy sauce.

pellegjr
beers 396 º places 16 º 09:54 Mon 6/11/2012

May I suggest a sauce rather than a marinade? I would think you would be better-served by brining the tenderloin, and then some combination of the ingredients above (nice suggestions btw) combined with the RIS and reduced down over low heat, then drizzling over tenderloin slices.

HornyDevil
15:01 Mon 6/11/2012

I think that roast flavors are better suited to beef, but maybe that’s just me. A barleywine or wee heavy sauce would complement pork much better.

sefus12
beers 1 º places 3 º 08:19 Wed 6/13/2012

I ended up making a marinade with a jalapeno porter from Country Boy Brewing in Lexington, KY (wonderful new brewery). The measurements are just rough estimates (I rarely measure) but here’s the rundown of ingredients:

- 8 ounces jalapeno porter
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp parsley
- salt and pepper to taste

I’m grilling it up tonight, but the marinade smells wonderful. We’ll see how it turns out.