In Tokyo for Golden Week

Reads 1371 • Replies 15 • Started Thursday, April 28, 2016 6:36:01 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

HonusWagner
beers 2248 º places 11 º 18:36 Thu 4/28/2016

Staying a short walk from Oji station. Is there a place to drink lambic here? I’m reading that Tokyo beer spots blog one of you maintains and it all seems great info but idk where anything is since it’s my first time here.

KyotoLefty
beers 15089 º places 1059 º 19:24 Thu 4/28/2016

Delirium Ginza had Boon Yonge on tap last month.
The Delirium Reserve in Akasaka usual has a large collection of lambic in bottles, though you will pay for it.
The store Sugaya in Kawasaki probably has the best selection of lambics for take away.

Just don’t expect to find Fou’foune or LP.

You should look into the Oedo Beer Festival. Seems lots of the area beer bros are going.

beercation
beers 2 º places 4 º 22:18 Thu 4/28/2016

TimE
beers 8459 º places 409 º 03:58 Fri 4/29/2016

Any interesting beer at Oedo this year? Wasn’t really planning to go as it’s not outdoors. I guess if there were a few ticks I had to have then j could make it happen. Very long festival at 10 days

beercation
beers 2 º places 4 º 05:04 Fri 4/29/2016

It’s so windy today, indoors is perfect. Does anyone know if there is an entrance fee? Or just pay as you go?

brandon31g
beers 37 º 15:53 Fri 4/29/2016

Originally posted by KyotoLefty
The Delirium Reserve in Akasaka usual has a large collection of lambic in bottles, though you will pay for it.
The store Sugaya in Kawasaki probably has the best selection of lambics for take away.

You should look into the Oedo Beer Festival. Seems lots of the area beer bros are going.

How about Cantillon? Do you know where can I find Cantillon in Tokyo?
Thanks

Theis
beers 15148 º places 114 º 15:55 Fri 4/29/2016

Yonge = Jonge ?

TimE
beers 8459 º places 409 º 15:59 Fri 4/29/2016

Originally posted by brandon31g

How about Cantillon? Do you know where can I find Cantillon in Tokyo?
Thanks

I think anywhere he mentioned would also have cantillon. Cantillon is not so rare.

Tim

willisread
beers 7331 º places 126 º 20:24 Fri 4/29/2016

You’ll really only find rose de gambrinus, kriek and gueuze anymore these days. The variations are going to the U.S. it seems as Shelton Bros. have become huge at this point. I haven’t seen anything but those 3 in the past 2 years. Some of the bars may have some bottles but as far as bottle shops just the standards mentioned above.

Will

HonusWagner
beers 2248 º places 11 º 22:31 Fri 4/29/2016

Oedo fest seems fun but idk when is the best time to go. Any recommendations? I went to some place called Towa near Ueno station yesterday and had a weird saison from Kyoto brewing that was a bit pricey at 1.1k for a US pint. I might go to Shibuya today to hit up Mikkeller, does that put me near Oedo Festival like it seems from the map? Any other good places around Mikkeller to visit, beer related or otherwise?

HonusWagner
beers 2248 º places 11 º 22:33 Fri 4/29/2016

Also does anyone have any good vegetarian recommendations for food? I cook at home a lot back in rural Wakayama so it’s weird eating out and the only pescatarian/veg friendly stuff I seem to find is Indian food and if I’m lucky some Chinese or the obvious kitsune udon type stuff.

Lastly is there anywhere in the area where I’m staying (between Oji and I think Oku stations)? It’s hard to be out past midnight because we usually need trains to get home from the bigger neighborhoods.