RateBeer

In which city can I find the best pub in Europe?

read 6440 times • 62 replies •

Thread Frozen

santabeer
beers 67 º places 9 º 12:10 Fri 4/13/2012

Going somewhere. :)

theRunningBoar
12:20 Fri 4/13/2012

I was impressed by Gothenburg, quite alot of bars for such a village. And particulary liked TRE SMA RUM, fantastic place. Great feeling when youíre there.
In Amsterdam people are usually quite in love with in de Wildeman. Itís a very nice place having the feel of a old-school bar/marketplace. Especially when itís getting busy.

First question should be, what do you understand under a good pub?
I can see alot of people rate TRE SMA RUM much lower than other bars in Gothenburg. For me still far ahead anything else.
Wide tap selections, many bottles. Are 5 taps and 40 bottles enough when itís a great selection constantly keep updated?

Cliff
beers 355 º places 72 º 12:53 Fri 4/13/2012

Originally posted by santabeer
Going somewhere. :)

Just go to Bamberg and go to half a dozen plus awesome pubs/breweries.

santabeer
beers 67 º places 9 º 13:10 Fri 4/13/2012

Thank you for your replies. therunningbar, after reading how much a beer cost in Sweden I prefer eastern europe.

Cliff, I canít find the city Bamberg in places here.

Ernest
premium
beers 6749 º places 189 º 13:20 Fri 4/13/2012

I canít find the city Bamberg in places here.

Bamberg is in Bavaria, Germany.

http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/State/Cities/bamberg/112.htm

santabeer
beers 67 º places 9 º 13:23 Fri 4/13/2012

Thank you!

RudolphSayven
beers 17 º places 13 º 13:47 Fri 4/13/2012

Hum....there are 2 Moeder Lambic in Bruxelles...you need to go there! In France, La Capsule in Lille (north of France, at 1h from Paris by the train) is a great place to drink beer...the best in France.

malrubius
premium
beers 2136 º places 30 º 13:50 Fri 4/13/2012

Antwerp.

theRunningBoar
13:55 Fri 4/13/2012

Thank you for your replies. therunningbar, after reading how much a beer cost in Sweden I prefer eastern europe.

Cliff, I canít find the city Bamberg in places here.

harhar, same what I thought when I was there.

Brussels is worth a trip, there are great beer bars basically in every neighbourhood and a few great special ones! Moeder Lambic being one examples. And the city is nice, so walking in between of the bars in going to be fun!

Otherwise, Rome. London is great. There a quite a few good breweries over there & nice pubs! Pricewise, would probably suggest belgium. Highest density of breweries/bars so it became part of the general life to enjoy good beer. Do you like belgium yeast?

VsXsV
premium
beers 2875 º places 49 º 14:15 Fri 4/13/2012

Itís cheaper than Norway though ;)

Pundarquartis
beers 19 º places 3 º 15:07 Fri 4/13/2012

Copenhagen...

Brussels is way overrated. Rome is an option though, fantastic beer scene over there. Would also say Stockholm, despite the price of beer. Just a visit to Akkurat is worth the trip.