RateBeer

In which city can I find the best pub in Europe?

read 6437 times • 62 replies •

Thread Frozen

Leighton
premium
beers 14334 º places 726 º 15:23 Wed 4/18/2012

Originally posted by santabeer
Originally posted by bobinlondon
London has several of Europeís finest pubs.

But its so expensive to stay there. 1738USD for a week (hotel + plane.

That figure really depends on when youíre coming to London and where youíre staying...

Anyway, enjoy Krakow!

santabeer
beers 67 º places 9 º 15:52 Wed 4/18/2012

Thank you :)

ineedabeerhere
16:33 Wed 4/18/2012

This thread made me even more excited for my upcoming trip to Europe. Already have plans to visit many of the cities mentioned including Stockholm, Munich, Bamberg, Antwerp, and Brussels.

LinusStick
premium
beers 3014 º places 52 º 19:25 Wed 4/18/2012

Originally posted by santabeer
Going somewhere. :)

East Proctor- The Slaughtered Lamb. Stay on the road. Keep clear of the moors.

Beermack
beers 725 º places 32 º 02:47 Thu 4/19/2012

Now now people, before we all start writing off Dublin, I must say that the beer scene has improved three-fold over the past year.
A good few pubs in the city (Against the Grain, Black Sheep, L.Mulligan Grocer - to name but three) have over 20 taps (keg and cask) with a good mix of local craft brews, US imports, British ales, and a few Belgian numbers. All of the above pubs have well over 100 bottles too (and none of them serve Guinness thank god!).
Granted, Dublin isn't beer geek Mecca - but it's steadily improving!

---Posted via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Erlangernick
beers 1 º places 2 º 05:58 Thu 4/19/2012

Originally posted by ineedabeerhere
This thread made me even more excited for my upcoming trip to Europe. Already have plans to visit many of the cities mentioned including Stockholm, Munich, Bamberg, Antwerp, and Brussels.

If itís really a *beer* trip, skip Munich and add more time in Belgium. Or DŁsseldorf instead of Munich.

boto
premium
beers 1962 º places 63 º 06:27 Thu 4/19/2012

Originally posted by Leighton
You could make a case for any number of major European cities (Amsterdam, Brussels, Rome...) but if what youíre looking for is a *pub* then London will probably have the most to offer.

I visited many there, but I liked The Blackfriars.

http://www.nicholsonspubs.co.uk/theblackfriarblackfriarslondon/

harrisoni
premium
beers 15314 º places 27 º 06:30 Thu 4/19/2012

Originally posted by Gazza
Originally posted by evanrail
London. Itís called the Southampton Arms.

Totally disagree. I love the Soton, but itís not a "proper" pub in the true sense of the word. IMO, anyhow!

Brodieís is a proper pub.

Agreed, at least you can get a pint of Carling Extra Cold in William IV

erway
beers 1004 º places 41 º 09:35 Thu 4/19/2012

Antwerp. Anyone looking or HTFs or completely impossible to finds will be incredibly impressed with Kulminator. In addition to that, the couple that run the place are absolute gems.

Travlr
premium
beers 16405 º places 1926 º 11:13 Thu 4/19/2012

Originally posted by fiulijn
Originally posted by Travlr
The best pub in Europe isnít in a city: http://www.ratebeer.com/p/goblin-pub-pavullo-nel-frignano-mo/17269/

you tell me how did you end up in that village ?!?!

in all my travels to Italy, I donít think I will ever manage to get near there...
Tracked down the owner, Umberto, through a search for the Don Quijote. Heís friends with the van Roy family, and with Dany at Fantome, so he gets interesting beers from each. And he cooks with beers! Give him a few days notice for a spectacular meal. Or with no notice, the pub food is also good. Very friendly place, and worth the hair-raising drive to find.