RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Non-US | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

In which city can I find the best pub in Europe?

read 6294 times • 62 replies • posted 4/13/2012 12:10:01 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

dreadnord 1013:32
Gotta throw Rome in the mix. Ma Che Siete Venuti a Fa, Open Baladin and Brasserie 4:20 not to mention a slew of great bottle shops.
4/22/2012 11:45:42 PM

Private message send the author a private message

kaziopiwosz 360:
Go to Prague. Find "U Cerneho Volu" on Loretanske Namesti. Take beer and enjoy.

Everytime Iím in Prague, I visit this place. Typical Czech "pub" with men smoking cigarettes, women drinking beer, with really good traditional Czech food and great old-school bartenders.
4/23/2012 4:44:20 AM

premium
vipinvelp 2172:195
Anywhere in the northern European countries there are good pubs everywhere. Just tell me where you plan to go and I will tell you.

---Posted via Beer Buddy for iPhone
6/10/2012 11:22:56 AM

Gazza 726:163
Basically, it depends what you want from this fictional "best pub"; beer range, atmosphere, food or a mix of it all.

There is no best pub other than the one you like the best. But you need to visit a lot to have a credible opinion on the subject.
6/10/2012 1:11:46 PM

premium
GodOfThunder 1247:34
The correct answer is: whichever city you happen to be in.

Seriously, most cities in Europe have seriously good bars where you can drink great beer and soak up awesome scenery.

Pick a city, find a few bars, and enjoy the time with whomever comes with you.
6/10/2012 4:00:37 PM

beikes 149:39
Czech, German, british and danish cities, you never go wrong with. But again it depends on whatís the "best pub" criteria is for you. Those are my favourite countries pubwise, and I go for atmosphere and authenticity and...of course good beer. Everybody seem to love the Mikkeler bar in Copenhagen, which is a place I despise. Way too modern and pretencious for me, and then it doesnít matter how good their beer is. Then Iíd rather find an old english or danish pub in Aarhus. I Prague there are tons of great places, and good beer all over, and like with Denmark or Brittain, thereís a chance youíd walk into a pub with more than a hundred years of history.

6/23/2012 12:20:10 PM

premium
garthicus 2670:61
Originally posted by cgarvieuk
Originally posted by garthicus
Dublin !!

oh rubbish! i love Ireland and dublin , but what pub in Dublin comes close to being the best in Europe

The way I read the OP was the best PUB not the best pub with the best beer selection.
6/26/2012 9:18:58 AM

KingCecil 2048:3
Copenhagen :) Mikkeller bar ;)
6/26/2012 9:45:39 AM

Vladivostok 237:
Originally posted by Leighton
You could make a case for any number of major European cities (Amsterdam, Brussels, Rome...) but if what youíre looking for is a *pub* then London will probably have the most to offer.

Itís a sad fact that the best pubs in England tend to be in the countryside/small towns rather than the major cities. There are some potentially great pubs in London (Cheshire Cheese, Fleet Street; Dove, Hammersmith etc.) but anything half decent in the central area tends to get crammed to the gunwales with the sort of tourists that drink Carlsberg wherever they go. For cities Iíd go with Amsterdam, Bruges or the aforementioned Bamberg.
7/2/2012 5:07:14 AM

premium
cgarvieuk 14279:150
Originally posted by cgarvieuk
Dublin !!

oh rubbish! i love Ireland and dublin , but what pub in Dublin comes close to being the best in Europe

The way I read the OP was the best PUB not the best pub with the best beer selection.

Oh i can see that, and the best pub, almost certainly doesnt have the best selection, and again only for me, but the best pub would have to have a good selection.

Very few places i ever visited in Dublin offered anything other than a very basic selection. (ive not been in a few years though)

And for pubs in Ireland, there were places outside Dublin i would have taken over Dublin any day.
7/2/2012 5:18:46 AM

Home > Forums > Non-US

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers