RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Industry | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

INBEV Buys Out Modelo for $20 Billion

read 1367 times • 17 replies • posted 6/29/2012 7:24:28 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2

JK 4349:271
Originally posted by billk
I keep telling everyone this craft beer thing makes no sense. Itís a bubble I tell ya. How can a country that embraces Kraft, Gatorade, and disgusting chain restaurants be expected to make a major taste shift when it comes to beer?
Even the bing-bongs here drink BMC regularly, and brag about it.

Itís all a fad, the only thing the tasteless dolts know.

Hasnít it ever occurred to you that we are individuals, and there is room for both?
6/30/2012 8:34:53 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
DYCSoccer17 3285:300
Originally posted by JLLSU
I wish I could find a craft electrolyte replacement beverage.

http://www.brawndo.com/
6/30/2012 8:44:51 AM

billk 353:57
Originally posted by JK
Originally posted by billk
I keep telling everyone this craft beer thing makes no sense. Itís a bubble I tell ya. How can a country that embraces Kraft, Gatorade, and disgusting chain restaurants be expected to make a major taste shift when it comes to beer?
Even the bing-bongs here drink BMC regularly, and brag about it.

Itís all a fad, the only thing the tasteless dolts know.

Hasnít it ever occurred to you that we are individuals, and there is room for both?

Absolutely correct, but at a ratio of 1 to 99.
6/30/2012 11:31:44 AM

premium
solidfunk 3583:165
Of course itís a good investment. Mexicans are the fourth largest beer consumers in the world. Modelo easily controls half that market, and not just corona. They have a ton of lines in Mexico.
7/1/2012 5:56:31 PM

premium
NobleSquirrel 3437:209
This is a pretty brilliant purchase for ABInbev(Modelo), I think. I know that here in Chicago, Modelo brands are a huge share of the market. Modelo Especial, Corona, Modelo Negro, those are all insanely popular with the Mexican crowds here in Chicago that make up about 25-30% of the population in the city proper alone...
7/2/2012 7:15:40 AM

JLLSU 238:1
Originally posted by NobleSquirrel
Modelo Especial

Is popular with me.

7/2/2012 8:25:06 AM

seymour 1391:44
Originally posted by sarro
Already invested in a couple cases. InBev is gonna ruin my delicious Corona.

Probably. But not until long after the cases you just bought become spoiled, skunky and light-struck. Youíre right though, when InBev bought Budweiser they spent the first several months clearing out employees through lay-offs, early retirement deals, etc (indirectly causing the launch of numerous St. Louis brewpubs through the release of some highly skilled brewmasters, which is a cool outcome), ending most charitable giving and PR-oriented theme parks, closing less-profitable subsidiaries, etc. A year or so later, they started changing the recipe and brewing processes, for instance changing from fresh whole noble hops to pelletized hops of less expensive cultivars. Did most Bud drinkers notice? Of course not, but still...
7/2/2012 8:55:26 AM

Home > Forums > Industry

Page 1 | 2
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers