RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Infected beer.... ratings?

read 773 times • 20 replies • posted 10/2/2012 2:44:42 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2

premium
Lukaduke 2067:58
So whats a rater to do... if you pop open a beer and you know its infected, should we just move on and try to get another bottle that may or may not suffer from the same fate... or would it be helpful to rate it as infected and if someone sees a few ratings in a row of an infected batch it may help them steer clear of the problem! Your thoughts?
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
NobleSquirrel 3437:209
If itís infected, rate it. That way it becomes a better known issue. At the same time, Iíd still try and find a better sample as well.
10/2/2012 3:00:19 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
b3shine 5211:262
Originally posted by NobleSquirrel
If itís infected, rate it. That way it becomes a better known issue. At the same time, Iíd still try and find a better sample as well.

This.
10/2/2012 3:06:45 PM

premium
Originally posted by b3shine

This. And make sure to say you think itís infected in your rating.

Thats my feeling as well... I agree and will be sure to start the review with INFECTED... seems like its pure pediocucus infection... was a bit thick and viscous and soured a bit but not in a good way. After looking up other ratings and seeing it poured with a big frothy head and the fact it was a saison...
10/2/2012 3:10:04 PM

premium
77ships 3594:107
Rate it - if it is a common problem the ratings should reflect it - if I find a good bottle, I will add it to the rating if I can remember. Imagine if you could not rate for instance flat bottle of Angels Share would the ratings represent the beer you are likely to pay good money for? I think if a brewer releases bad / infected beers he has no right to complain about us badly rating it - someone paid good money and got to drink something disgusting, nice.
10/2/2012 3:11:59 PM

premium
3fourths 7887:1268

doesnít happen too often based on what I see... funny thing, the folks who regularly return to the same beer in different batches/releases/vintages seem to be the most knowledgeable beer evaluators, and the folks I learn the most from.
10/2/2012 3:14:33 PM

premium
Thanks for the input guys... luckily I work at a lil shop where I run the beer department at and Im good friends with my distributor so Im sure Ill be able to "trade" it out for a better one... hopefully they are not all like this because someone i ran into at a bar said they loved it.
10/2/2012 3:19:18 PM

premium
biggsbowler 260:17
I wish there was a way we could still rate it but give that beer an asterisk that wouldnít count towards itís score. I had an infected BA Yeti and part of the reason I didnít rate it, was because it was infected and why would I rate a beer that would negatively effect the overall rating of the beer. Yeah I could have rerated later, when I got a different bottle, but that doesnít always happen with an infected beer.
10/2/2012 3:21:19 PM

premium
SarkyNorthener 1742:80
You know what I used to say to all the guys who bought back their beer in the pub I used to run when they reckoned it was infected. "change your lipstick".
10/2/2012 3:23:20 PM

premium
pepsican 1440:46
Originally posted by biggsbowler
I wish there was a way we could still rate it but give that beer an asterisk that wouldnít count towards itís score.

White Birch - 483 *ratings, no score given.
10/2/2012 3:28:41 PM

premium
Originally posted by TheBookie
You know what I used to say to all the guys who bought back their beer in the pub I used to run when they reckoned it was infected. "change your lipstick".

And did they respond... "clean your lines"
10/2/2012 3:29:01 PM

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Page 1 | 2
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback