Insurrection Ale Works

Reads 4963 • Replies 103 • Started Saturday, December 19, 2015 4:42:29 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

HornyDevil
16:42 Sat 12/19/2015

I know that some of you guys have already been here, but for those of you who have not, you need to go and check it out. Hard to start great right out of the gate, but I think Brad and Co. have done just that. Space is fantastic, as is the location in Heidelberg right on Route 50. Next to the Police Station, no less. Liked every beer that I had, but the Gose was my least favorite. Imperial Stout (already knew it was good from Art’s house) and IPAs were VERY solid. Brett saison was also tasty. Nice to have half pours so you don’t have to drink a whole glass. Food looked good, even though I did not eat. Could see how it could get crowded with not a huge number of people there, but there’s plenty of seating at and by the bar with a nice lounge area with comfy chairs and a couch right when you walk in and before you head down the hall past the fermenting rooms. Overall, a place that I could see going to on a semi-regular basis. Right up there with The Brew Gentlemen if TBG weren’t in fucking Braddock.

mdg164
17:59 Sat 12/19/2015

Never heard of it, thanks for the tip! I tried Brewtus Brewing for the first time today. Nice place, decent food, pedestrian beer. It’s worth a stop if you are in the area.

As for TBG, has it taken a drastic 180 recently? I haven’t been there in a while, because my first few stops were so underwhelming.

Art
beers 3223 º places 131 º 18:48 Sat 12/19/2015

Originally posted by mdg164
Never heard of it, thanks for the tip! I tried Brewtus Brewing for the first time today. Nice place, decent food, pedestrian beer. It’s worth a stop if you are in the area.

As for TBG, has it taken a drastic 180 recently? I haven’t been there in a while, because my first few stops were so underwhelming.

Yes, drastic 180 with the new brewer. You need to go there. Best in Pittsburgh.

cheap
beers 8823 º places 326 º 18:57 Sat 12/19/2015

Will do, thanks for the heads up, pretty close to my current employment. However, IPA & impy stout................. HAH! Without even tasting those brews, would prefer to drink quantities of some tart beer from Horny or the Church. But...you never know.

HornyDevil
07:00 Sun 12/20/2015

Originally posted by cheap
Will do, thanks for the heads up, pretty close to my current employment. However, IPA & impy stout................. HAH! Without even tasting those brews, would prefer to drink quantities of some tart beer from Horny or the Church. But...you never know.

Their Gose would be right up your alley. Blonde might be as well. BTW, I have some sour cider with your name on it. If you ever make it to another tasting, that is. ;)

HornyDevil
07:07 Sun 12/20/2015

It’s up to you guys, but would any of you be interested in a small get together/bottle share at Insurrection if Brad was OK with it? I’d like to have an excuse to hang out there for a while and I don’t think that they’d be against it as long as we purchased their beer and food on top of opening a small amount of bottles.

Beerman6686
beers 6607 º places 149 º 13:26 Sun 12/20/2015

Originally posted by HornyDevil
I know that some of you guys have already been here, but for those of you who have not, you need to go and check it out. Hard to start great right out of the gate, but I think Brad and Co. have done just that. Space is fantastic, as is the location in Heidelberg right on Route 50. Next to the Police Station, no less. Liked every beer that I had, but the Gose was my least favorite. Imperial Stout (already knew it was good from Art’s house) and IPAs were VERY solid. Brett saison was also tasty. Nice to have half pours so you don’t have to drink a whole glass. Food looked good, even though I did not eat. Could see how it could get crowded with not a huge number of people there, but there’s plenty of seating at and by the bar with a nice lounge area with comfy chairs and a couch right when you walk in and before you head down the hall past the fermenting rooms. Overall, a place that I could see going to on a semi-regular basis. Right up there with The Brew Gentlemen if TBG weren’t in fucking Braddock.

I do like the place and have enjoyed the sour stuff and the imperial stout and wild cider, but I think the ipas and especially the saisons leave a lot to be desired. Nowhere near what BG is doing with thise styles in my opinion.

Art
beers 3223 º places 131 º 16:13 Sun 12/20/2015

It’s up to you guys, but would any of you be interested in a small get together/bottle share at Insurrection if Brad was OK with it? I’d like to have an excuse to hang out there for a while and I don’t think that they’d be against it as long as we purchased their beer and food on top of opening a small amount of bottles.

I’d be down.

Art
beers 3223 º places 131 º 16:13 Sun 12/20/2015

Originally posted by cheap

Their Gose would be right up your alley. Blonde might be as well. BTW, I have some sour cider with your name on it. If you ever make it to another tasting, that is. ;)

Yeah Dennis. You’ve been MIA lately.

HornyDevil
08:05 Mon 12/21/2015

Originally posted by Art

I’d be down.

How’s January 23 at around noon sound?

User52877
places 3 º 20:15 Mon 12/21/2015

I’ll put it on the calendar. Dennis you gonna make it?