RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Trade | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Please only add substantive and/or positive replies. No unauthorized sales. More guidelines.

Is Crianza Helena worth $200?

read 3301 times • 37 replies • posted 6/30/2012 6:08:46 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

premium
Countbeer 4311:201
Originally posted by MlhopeTC
I bought bottles back when it was 35 euro apiece and I thought that was borderline insane...

Me too, still got them cellared.
7/1/2012 11:58:40 AM

Private message send the author a private message

bsuedekum 18
I was just at De Heeren on Thursday night and passed up on the chance to try this again as it wasnít worth it to me. Meeting little Helena that this beer was named after was a joy though.
7/1/2012 8:37:23 PM

premium
GT2 8269:567
Like others have said, itís not very different from the normal gueuze so the price increase is simply to have a tick rather than to enjoy a once in a lifetime masterpiece.
7/2/2012 5:55:03 AM

premium
CanIHave4Beers 3166:74
Originally posted by GodOfThunder
No. There are still plenty of bottles of it at DHVL.

Save the $200, add to it, and fly to Belgium and drink 8 of them while eating an awesome dinner.

These days $200 usd would get you less than 3 750ml of Crianza Helena at DHVL. Someone correct me if Iím wrong but memory tells me they were 60Ä for 750s about a month ago. I paid 35Ä for my 375ml, it was worth that, but I agree with your sentiment 100%. If you love Lambic, forget spending big money on bottles here, save it, and drown yourself in Lambic in Belgium. It is much more fun, and you get to experience the culture from where these beers come.
7/2/2012 9:06:19 AM

bsuedekum 18
Originally posted by CanIHave4Beers
Originally posted by GodOfThunder
No. There are still plenty of bottles of it at DHVL.

Save the $200, add to it, and fly to Belgium and drink 8 of them while eating an awesome dinner.

These days $200 usd would get you less than 3 750ml of Crianza Helena at DHVL. Someone correct me if Iím wrong but memory tells me they were 60Ä for 750s about a month ago. I paid 35Ä for my 375ml, it was worth that, but I agree with your sentiment 100%. If you love Lambic, forget spending big money on bottles here, save it, and drown yourself in Lambic in Belgium. It is much more fun, and you get to experience the culture from where these beers come.

I was just at De Heeren, stayed there Thursday night, and I want to say the Helena was Ä70 euro to drink there and Ä90 to take away. I could be wrong, but I know that was the price for the Blauw and Roze, and thought the Helena was the same. If it was less than that it wasnít it wasnít by much, but I know it was more to take it home than drink there.
7/2/2012 10:16:14 AM

bsuedekum 18
Correction, Ä75 in store, Ä90 to take away on the Blauw and Roze. I did pony up for the Roze as I had never had it and couldnít resist trying it while I had the chance.
7/2/2012 10:18:37 AM

premium
Originally posted by bsuedekum
Correction, Ä75 in store, Ä90 to take away on the Blauw and Roze. I did pony up for the Roze as I had never had it and couldnít resist trying it while I had the chance.

Do they still have Blauw & Roze at DHVL? If yes, what are they priced nowadays?
7/2/2012 10:39:10 AM

premium
GT2 8269:567
^ he just said it. Though if you are an asshole itís unlikely any will be sold to you for takeaway.
7/2/2012 12:19:22 PM

premium
Originally posted by GT2
^ he just said it. Though if you are an asshole itís unlikely any will be sold to you for takeaway.

I am very nice, I pet mouse...

No but serious, I asked because the website only mentions one price now and in the past it said the Roze costs this and the Blauw costs this. The prices were different from eachother and I was wondering whether one of them was sold out.
7/2/2012 12:28:07 PM

premium
CanIHave4Beers 3166:74
Yeah I can second bsuedekumís story about the cost/avalibilty of the J&Js.
7/2/2012 12:46:34 PM

Home > Forums > Beer Trade

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Trading Policy  

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

View Beer Deliveries
New To Trading?
Mail Order Beer
 P  Most Wanted Beer
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer