Italy store ripoff -- need local help maybe?

Reads 10108 • Replies 89 • Started Saturday, June 8, 2013 10:18:01 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 01:06 Mon 6/10/2013

Originally posted by rauchbierlover
Originally posted by SudsMcDuff
what?!? an italian ripping someone off, i’m shocked!

I smell a bit of "racism" here.

You can always invade Italy and bring democracy, if you dare. We’re waiting for you

Not *racism*, "just" prejudice. Unless you believe you Eyetaliuns are a different race from the rest of the Euros...

Mortlach
beers 4752 º places 10 º 03:41 Mon 6/10/2013

Prejudices based on true stories.

Marko
admin
beers 17667 º places 863 º 04:23 Mon 6/10/2013

Yup.

I remember when the workers in the hotel we stayed in Italy tried to charge heavy and me for one or two beers we didn’t have (the deal was to pay on checkout), but not directly us of course -> heavy’s mother & grandmother who were with us. They saw us drinking beer "a lot", so... Of course, they didn’t push it. But the cheek was incredible.

And several more little examples. But you can find that nearly everywhere. Overcharging though... ugh. :p

WW2 denialism/acting the victim & linguistic-incompetence-combined-with-arrogance is the only thing more widespread that bothers me with them...

Then again, some of the nicest, most generous people I’ve met are Italian (Alex/fiulijn and a couple I that I stayed with in Brussels would definitely be in the top), so screw that. :D

:part-Italian-so-allowed-to-bitch-if-necessary:

502Che
beers 999 º places 47 º 04:55 Mon 6/10/2013

Originally posted by beastiefan2k
Originally posted by Heyta
I don’t think any of my decision points were irrational. I didn’t think I would get ripped off, because that’s not normally what happens.

really? Do you live in fantasy land?

your current situations does not match your beliefs.

If a beer store told me they would get a beer in 3 months and we are dealing with such a large sum of money I would tell them you can charge me in 3 months. That seems like the rational decision b/c people in this world will rip you off.

This. It just doesnt make sense to do it any other way. Id think everyone in the world’s natural instict would be, "oh, you’ll have it in 3 months? I will call back in three months to see if its in yet and place my order if it is." I guess i thought wrong.

502Che
beers 999 º places 47 º 04:59 Mon 6/10/2013

Originally posted by Mortlach

Or based on the merit of their trashbag football players. But we cant fairly judge a whole country on the behavior of a few idiots.

Marko
admin
beers 17667 º places 863 º 05:57 Mon 6/10/2013

Originally posted by 502F
Originally posted by Mortlach

Or based on the merit of their trashbag football players. But we cant fairly judge a whole country on the behavior of a few idiots.

Mortlach’s Italian btw.

pinkie
beers 470 º places 10 º 06:09 Mon 6/10/2013

Those Eyetalians! They’ll steal your eyebrows when you blink. (I’m also Italian) =)

CityofBals
07:09 Mon 6/10/2013

Italians? Yep.

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 01:43 Tue 6/11/2013

Originally posted by 502F
Originally posted by beastiefan2k
Originally posted by Heyta
I don’t think any of my decision points were irrational. I didn’t think I would get ripped off, because that’s not normally what happens.

really? Do you live in fantasy land?

your current situations does not match your beliefs.

If a beer store told me they would get a beer in 3 months and we are dealing with such a large sum of money I would tell them you can charge me in 3 months. That seems like the rational decision b/c people in this world will rip you off.

This. It just doesnt make sense to do it any other way. Id think everyone in the world’s natural instict would be, "oh, you’ll have it in 3 months? I will call back in three months to see if its in yet and place my order if it is." I guess i thought wrong.

Yeah, I don’t want to pile on the OP, but...Jebus.

Unclerudy
beers 30 º places 3 º 04:42 Tue 6/11/2013

Expensive way to learn a lesson.