Italy store ripoff -- need local help maybe?

Reads 10111 • Replies 89 • Started Saturday, June 8, 2013 10:18:01 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 05:31 Tue 6/11/2013

Originally posted by Heyta
Originally posted by pinkie
You know those credit card agreements they send? The ones with all the tiny print that explain your rights. Check that over and see if there is a way to deal with fraudulent charges. Your letter is great and it’s only a matter of getting the right attention. Look for time limits on disputing charges and filing fraudulent charge complaints. From nov 28, 2011 to Feb 13, 2012 is about 3 months.

The problem is, I didn’t raise it to the credit card company after 3 months. If I had, I would have rights through them. I didn’t know that of course, or I wouldn’t have done it this way.

The credit card company gives you up to 60 days after your statement is ready.

You also need to check the wording of the actual consumer protection legislation applicable. To give an example based on UK law, (which I know isn’t applicable to you), consumers are protected in relation to certain credit card (and other credit) transactions by Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act. In short, if the supplier defaults, the credit card company has to reimburse. There is no time limit on this statutory protection. However, not all credit transactions are covered - there are for example upper and lower monetary limits. "Chargeback" is something quite different. This is an extra layer of protection provided by some credit card companies. It may, for instance, cover transactions that are below the minimum financial value for statutory protection. It is a contractual arrangement between the card company and the cardholder and the terms may vary between card companies. However, if a time limit is specified, this is generally expressed in relation to the date on which the consumer became aware that the contract or whatever would not be honoured, not the date of the transaction.

It would not be unknown for card companies to try to wriggle out of their statutory obligations by conveniently forgetting to mention them and only referring to their own chargeback rules

blklab2007
beers 2121 º places 17 º 05:48 Tue 6/11/2013

After all of this we never did hear what the beer was?

502Che
beers 999 º places 47 º 05:50 Tue 6/11/2013

Budweiser black

Christos
beers 6111 º places 110 º 15:44 Fri 6/14/2013

So what happened after all?

Heyta
places 1 º 13:48 Sat 6/15/2013

nothing so far. I sent an email to them -- no response. Sent an email to the italian consumer protection website -- nothing from them. Time to hit facebook.

Reminyze
beers 8421 º places 237 º 13:55 Sat 6/15/2013

nothing so far. I sent an email to them -- no response. Sent an email to the italian consumer protection website -- nothing from them. Time to hit facebook.

Please tell us, since we are so desperate!, which beers did you order?

Heyta
places 1 º 14:09 Sat 6/15/2013

It was an order for 2 cases of Cantillon, mostly Fou’Foune which was the beer which was out of stock (despite it being in stock on their website when I checked out).

Reminyze
beers 8421 º places 237 º 14:27 Sat 6/15/2013

It was an order for 2 cases of Cantillon, mostly Fou’Foune which was the beer which was out of stock (despite it being in stock on their website when I checked out).

Thank you for telling us!

Heyta
places 1 º 14:29 Sat 6/15/2013

Would have before, but I am travelling, and haven’t had time to revisit this thread. In Germany for the week.

Reminyze
beers 8421 º places 237 º 14:32 Sat 6/15/2013

Really? Where exactly?