JWB OG Society

Reads 18443 • Replies 200 • Started Tuesday, May 5, 2015 8:49:32 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

phaleslu
admin
beers 16533 º places 792 º 20:48 Tue 5/5/2015

These still appear on the retired Top 50, though: http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/cigar-city-pilot-series-miami-madness/167898/

preismj
21:27 Tue 5/5/2015

Art
beers 3223 º places 131 º 21:38 Tue 5/5/2015

Maybe you OG members already know this -

I was just down there 2 weeks ago and the bar tender told me DFPF was being released in a matter of weeks. He also indicated that OG members would be getting a bottle. Not sure if that was communicated to you guys but it was freely volunteered to me. Sounds like you will start to see something come out of your donation.

joeneugs
beers 6372 º places 240 º 01:46 Wed 5/6/2015

Originally posted by jtclockwork
The brewery has only been up and running a few months though. I’m an OG member too. I went to Miami recently and he opened up the brewery for me even though it was closed that day and let me try everything they had on tap. He was a class act. I think everything will work out. It’s just been a little slow.

I admit the communication hasn’t been that great though.

How were the beers?

So he has a running brewery with beers on tap and he’s sent nothing to the people who’ve already shelled out $300 a piece?

It sounds like he’s having some growing pains with his new professional system and the beers haven’t but up to snuff so he’s afraid to send anything out to OG members for fear of bad publicity/ratings and pissed off beer geeks. M I Rite?

If that’s the case, it’s a totally understandable situation. Most breweries take at least a few months of brewing to dial in their equipment and scaled up recipes. He should be communicating this to his supporters. I think most people would understand and accept this.

Of course maybe I’m not as good a sleuth as I think I am. Either way, nobody who paid $300 should be trying to figure out what’s going on with the brewery.

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 05:08 Wed 5/6/2015

Originally posted by joeneugs

How were the beers?

So he has a running brewery with beers on tap and he’s sent nothing to the people who’ve already shelled out $300 a piece?

It sounds like he’s having some growing pains with his new professional system and the beers haven’t but up to snuff so he’s afraid to send anything out to OG members for fear of bad publicity/ratings and pissed off beer geeks. M I Rite?

Beers are awesome. Just see the base Berliner he has been serving and his imperial stout. Both with an average rating above 4.0

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/j-wakefield-stush-berliner/309976/

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/j-wakefield-hazelnut-coffee-imperial-sweet-stout/309982/

I would assume he is waiting for a bottling line or equipment. Could also be resources (or cash). I know The Rare Barrel membership has accepted people’s money early in the year and then the first several bottles were offered for sale and not included in the membership price. I would guess it has to do with raising money. Just a guess, and yes, I know TRB has been much quicker to deliver beers.

My guess is every member will eventually get their beers. I doubt he is going to abandon his supporters. Probably just bit off way more than he can chew and is trying to handle it all. As people said. Just because you are a great brewer doesn’t mean you have a clue how to run a business.

MacBoost
beers 2074 º places 37 º 06:08 Wed 5/6/2015

Even if/when he delivers his beers, $50 a bottle for 3.5%abv Berliner Weisse?
R U JOKIN OR WAT

b3shine
beers 12183 º places 372 º 06:20 Wed 5/6/2015

Originally posted by MacBoost
Even if/when he delivers his beers, $50 a bottle for 3.5%abv Berliner Weisse?
R U JOKIN OR WAT

That’s where the support comes in IMO. I was willing to pay more to help a well-known brewer get on his feet, even if it was more than the beers are going to retail for per bottle. I perceived it as a small opportunity to help someone in the industry I thought just needed a springboard to get his dream going, and was happy to be getting a good assortment of beers for doing so. However, given how utterly poorly the situation has been handled, I no longer feel any satisfaction for assisting. I just want the rest of what I was promised.

MacBoost
beers 2074 º places 37 º 06:29 Wed 5/6/2015

Just think about all the payments and interest he is avoiding by using neckbeard money instead of a bank loan.

OldGrowth
beers 3472 º places 204 º 06:46 Wed 5/6/2015

fascinating....

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 10:16 Tue 5/12/2015

Just got an email. Just now.