RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Travel | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Kos, greece.. beer?

read 1137 times • 14 replies • posted 7/2/2013 2:23:14 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2

premium
Pinball 10799:65
GF Tricked me into buying a week at Kos island, kos city, greece - I wonder if anyone have been there, and have any kind of insights as to where to get something darker than Amstel, more golden than heineken, and stronger than budweiser.
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
MrHangover 2456:62
there is Fixe.. a Greek brewery that does some interesting things.. nothing to write home about though..
7/2/2013 2:28:00 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
Borresteijn 4678:181
Just check the different supermarkets. Usually they stock some Craft, Fix Dark, if youíre lucky Septem. And thereís always Guinness ;-)
7/2/2013 3:43:01 AM

humlelala 984:53
Originally posted by Borresteijn
Just check the different supermarkets. Usually they stock some Craft, Fix Dark, if youíre lucky Septem. And thereís always Guinness ;-)

Craft has gone out of business this year so unfortunately theyíre not likely to be available. It is a pity as they would have been your best bet for Greek craft beer on Kos. Other than that itís probably mostly Belgian, English, German and Czech beer in those "rock bars" that like to play loud music while serving beer.

You could try writing Septem and ask them if they have any distribution on Kos:

spanagiotou@yahoo.com
http://www.facebook.com/Septembrewery
7/2/2013 4:02:48 AM

premium
Originally posted by humlelala
Craft has gone out of business this year
No kidding huh? Damn, that was one of the few nice breweries there. Hope to find something else this year then..
7/2/2013 4:16:02 AM

Douberd 2290:59
Damn, I only had the chance to try their smoked beer and I had found it absolutely disgusting since I was a total noob back then on all things concerning beer. I was hoping I could find their beers this year but it seems that ship has sailed..
7/2/2013 4:36:31 AM

7/2/2013 5:23:38 AM

premium
Pinball 10799:65
Awww. craft going down is a pity. They made quite decent beer, and was some of the best iíve tasted from Greece. Iíll do some serious supermarket shopping for ticks, and take a look at the bars to see if someone have been sneaking in a beer bar somewhere lately. They tend to pop up all over the place in europe, so why not kos too.. Havenít found anything on the net though. I think Iíll bring a few bottles with me from copenhagen, to avoid missing dark and hoppy and sour too much.
7/2/2013 9:51:32 AM

HenriqueBraga
Iíve been in Greece last year and was able to find at Santorini the notorious Yello/Red/Crazy donkey beers, as well as both Volkan blonde and balck beers, which are ok. I also had Craft At athens lager, but enjoyed the most the Santorini donkey beers. Not sure if you can find them at Kos, but of you do, be sure to buy some.
7/2/2013 2:45:35 PM

To my knowledge Santorini Brewingís products are only available on Santorini and in limited amounts in Athens and possibly Thessaloniki. I tried to get hold of some when visiting Athens last year but sadly The Local Pub was closed for the holidays.

Fortunately, Iíve verified that Corfu Brewing has distribution in mainland Parga where I will be headed myself for a week in September.

I havenít tasted Volkan but as I understand it thereís nothing there worth writing home about.
7/4/2013 12:58:58 AM

premium
Originally posted by humlelala
I havenít tasted Volkan but as I understand it thereís nothing there worth writing home about.

True, but theyíre certainly not the worst. Will visit Santorini 1st week of August, see if I can get some Donkey beers.
7/4/2013 1:12:25 AM

Home > Forums > Beer Travel

Page 1 | 2
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers