La Cumbre in Taos?

Reads 634 • Replies 7 • Started Friday, October 9, 2015 10:22:02 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

wchesser
beers 2435 º places 44 º 10:22 Fri 10/9/2015

I’ll send this to erway, but thought I’d post in the forums in case any one else has a similar question.

Anyone know liquor stores or bottle shops in southeastern Colorado or northeastern NM between Denver and Taos carrying La Cumbre? The first time I ever tried La Cumbre was Elevated on a guest tap at Taos Mesa Brewing (great spot to visit in its own right) almost 4 years ago and that put them on my radar. Haven’t been able to find it in Taos proper since then on our mostly annual trips down that way. Any solid recommendations for where to grab some...I believe it’s around Durango and Telluride, but I won’t be that far west. Looking for recs in Trinidad, Walsenburg, Raton, Cimmaron, Angelfire, or Taos proper to grab some cans for the weekend.

Thanks!

erway
beers 1004 º places 41 º 10:57 Fri 10/9/2015

Taos... hmm. Might try the Smiths in any of those towns as most of the Smiths in the state carry our beer. Also, if you are heading up into the Taos Canyon, the Old Blinking Light used to have a liquor store attached to it. The new restaurant there is Medley and they may have kept that open. Please feel free to email scot@lacumbrebrewing.com or paul@lacumbrebrewing.com as they would both know better than I. If you do find it, please let me know canned on dates as I don’t get out of my brewery that often and want to know how sell through is and whether my distributor is doing their job. Thanks and Cheers!

wchesser
beers 2435 º places 44 º 13:07 Fri 10/9/2015

Thanks! We actually always stay at a house in the canyon so I will definitely check into Old Blinking Light. I’ll email Scot and Paul in a couple weeks before we head down and if I find some will let you know.

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 13:32 Fri 10/9/2015

This is premies only and a good way for people to get an idea about best bests for finding their favorite beers. Scot and Paul, have a look! Cheers!
http://www.ratebeer.com/brewer/distribution/12282/

RateBeer data is shared with and enhanced by all apps that use the RateBeer data platform including TapLister, BeerBuddy, RateOn, BeerBasher, QuickBeer and dozens of others. You can update at RateBeer only occasionally and provide the greater craft beer community with a lot to go on.

wchesser
beers 2435 º places 44 º 13:50 Fri 10/9/2015

Very nice! Unfortunately, Taos is uncharted territory. Hope to remedy that soon enough. Does look like the Old Blinking Light (and associated wine shop) finally burnt out a few years ago, but will field verify.

MaltOMeal
beers 1094 º places 46 º 23:24 Thu 10/15/2015

Funny I just happened to see this thread. I was in Taos this past February, staying at the Snakedance Condos right by the ski lifts. After having been there a couple days I went into the store there onsite and found La Cumbre. WTF! We had stopped at the local grocer before arriving and stocked up on brews but didn’t see any LC there. Only by chance and on our last day at the resort did I notice it in the resort store. Geez!

wchesser
beers 2435 º places 44 º 23:27 Thu 10/15/2015

Originally posted by MaltOMeal
Funny I just happened to see this thread. I was in Taos this past February, staying at the Snakedance Condos right by the ski lifts. After having been there a couple days I went into the store there onsite and found La Cumbre. WTF! We had stopped at the local grocer before arriving and stocked up on brews but didn’t see any LC there. Only by chance and on our last day at the resort did I notice it in the resort store. Geez!

Great tip-thanks!!

wchesser
beers 2435 º places 44 º 13:56 Fri 10/30/2015

Just picked up a dozen tall boys of Elevated canned 10/27 (3 days ago!) at Smiths in Taos. Also had a large stack of cans dated 10/6/15. Almost all of the newest stuff was gone and was on top of the older stock.

Taos Ale House (great burger!) also had cans of the Malpais Stout and Hefe for in house only.

Moral of the story is distribution seems much better than it was 2 years ago.