Landing (T)

Reads 4172 • Replies 53 • Started Saturday, November 1, 2014 4:18:10 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

theRunningBoar
10:57 Wed 11/5/2014

Meet you soon!
Will post a bit closer with some more bottle options to bring, thanks for all the info so far already!

theRunningBoar
04:40 Wed 12/24/2014

I packed up the first few of bottles among others multiple
– DE MOLEN HEL & VERDOEMNIS MISTO BA 18cl 2009

should be a great treat!
Besides that, does anybody have any hints for housing. My housing deal just collapsed and now I’m stuck looking for a room in the ~60.000yen/m region with 1 1/2 weeks to go.

TimE
beers 8459 º places 409 º 14:31 Thu 12/25/2014

Try one of the gaijin houses. There are lots, if you look in Gaijin Pot or Metroplois. Won’t be hard to get some accommodations, though not necessarily good at that level.

left_bank
beers 106 º places 107 º 11:36 Fri 1/2/2015

Originally posted by theRunningBoar
I packed up the first few of bottles among others multiple
– DE MOLEN HEL & VERDOEMNIS MISTO BA 18cl 2009

should be a great treat!
Besides that, does anybody have any hints for housing. My housing deal just collapsed and now I’m stuck looking for a room in the ~60.000yen/m region with 1 1/2 weeks to go.

just caught up with this thread;you are/have landed in tokyo and need accommodation in tokyo(?) or in another major japanese city?
Do not know tokyo for that price but do know osaka,fukuoka,kobe,nagasaki,etc for that price.

theRunningBoar
06:09 Wed 1/7/2015

Found something in Shinjuku and brought a roadbike, so pretty mobile. So anybody up for meeting for a beer (would like to try a few of the Luc Lafontaine & Y Market beers, where best to go?) after friday?

Kept the luggage light (bike was heavy enough, damn metros without elevators!) but brought the Oude (Gueuze Tilquin)² à l’Ancienne and the De Molen. Haven’t tried it myself so curious too.
Some else for later..

TimE
beers 8459 º places 409 º 08:53 Wed 1/7/2015

I am slammed this month. Early Feb looks best for me, but it would be great to meet up.
Tim

KyotoLefty
beers 15093 º places 1059 º 09:25 Wed 1/7/2015

Luc’s beers are on at Ushi-tora, not far from you. A bit pricy, though. I think they might have some at some of the Craft Beer Market bars too, once in a while. I would love to meet, but I am in Kyoto!

theRunningBoar
17:20 Wed 1/7/2015

KyotoLefty, will get to K at some point for sure. Might take a while but I’m here to stick!
Thanks for the Ushi-Tora head up, have to save some points for the gps map! That looks great, will pass by later today!

Tim, just let me know when you’re up for a beer. Any time, february!

I second what KL said am happy to grab a beer when you head down Kyoto way...

TimE
beers 8459 º places 409 º 21:29 Wed 1/7/2015

Originally posted by theRunningBoar
KyotoLefty, will get to K at some point for sure. Might take a while but I’m here to stick!
Thanks for the Ushi-Tora head up, have to save some points for the gps map! That looks great, will pass by later today!

Tim, just let me know when you’re up for a beer. Any time, february!

You might spend your entire rent money at Ushitora, so be careful.
Tim