RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Laughing Dog brewery & tap room, Sandpoint, Idaho

read 492 times • 8 replies • posted 7/14/2012 11:04:24 PM

Thread Frozen

billk 353:59
is now on my, see you when Iím in town list.
For years I avoided the place not thinking much of their offerings. Today there was a decent Pils and a new "single hop" IPA that were pretty good.
Keep up the good works Fred.
Private message Send the author a private message

brewtopian 2:
I love the new tap room and its always a blast hanging out with Fred. Best reason to visit the tap room is enjoying a glass of Sneaky Pete.

Also, if youíre headed to Northern Idaho donít miss Selkirk Abbey in Post Falls. Rob and Jeff have really done an amazing job creating the only all Belgian style brewery in the Northwest and the tap room is super swank.
7/15/2012 8:03:59 AM

Private message send the author a private message

javit
Might be heading over to Post Falls today, thanks for the heads up!
7/15/2012 8:14:47 AM

Beerona97 2397:114
Anyone going to Post Falls is probably going to go to Enoteca as well, but if you arenít familiar with it, itís a must.

Pretty sure they are still closed on Sun and Mon though, which is always a huge dissapointment if Iím going down 90 on one of those days.

As for Laughing Dog, I never had a bad beer from them and always enjoyed the atmosphere greatly.

Hell, while weíre on the subject, Mickduffís in Sandpoint isnít a bad little brewpub either. Standard beer fare, some occasional gems, pretty good food.
7/15/2012 11:39:41 AM

Originally posted by brewtopian
I love the new tap room and its always a blast hanging out with Fred. Best reason to visit the tap room is enjoying a glass of Sneaky Pete.

Also, if youíre headed to Northern Idaho donít miss Selkirk Abbey in Post Falls. Rob and Jeff have really done an amazing job creating the only all Belgian style brewery in the Northwest and the tap room is super swank.

Attended the opening. Iím going to suggest to them they actually keep at least one real Belgian on tap. Can you imagine a DeRanke XX, Petrus, or perhaps a good Gueuze on tap in N Idaho!? I think Iíd piss myself.
7/15/2012 3:36:29 PM

Originally posted by javit
Might be heading over to Post Falls today, thanks for the heads up!

The place is on the S side of Seltice about 1/2 mile W of Huetter road.
7/15/2012 3:38:01 PM

brewtopian 2:
As far as I know DeRanke and Petrus arenít actually available in N Idaho at the moment and I canít think of a single Gueze draft available anywhere in the state. it would be great though
7/15/2012 3:42:44 PM

Stopped by Mick Duffís yesterday. The place was packed. Although OK, I was never really impressed with their brews.

Hereís a pic of LDís taps.
7/15/2012 3:43:39 PM

Originally posted by brewtopian
As far as I know DeRanke and Petrus arenít actually available in N Idaho at the moment and I canít think of a single Gueze draft available anywhere in the state. it would be great though

Idaho doesnít carry an Armagnac Iíd like to drink either but online purchases (add $25 per bottle) are at least legal here.
I hope to make my annual trek to Portland this summer. There will be a whole bunch of booze returning on my return trip if I do.
7/15/2012 3:51:40 PM

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add
Advanced Search