RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > UK & Ireland | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Legal status of growlers in UK

read 983 times • 23 replies • posted 6/19/2013 10:50:14 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3

premium
MagicDave6 1:1
Originally posted by MagicDave6
Originally posted by EdKing
How easy is it to get an off sales licence as a pub/bar?

Most pubs already have one. Its fairly easy to get and theres the added benifit that you can do off sales as long as your in the process of getting your licence for it.

It would only be nightclubs and central busy pubs that wouldnt get it.

I suppose another thing to note is that this is not something thats ever policed, your license is just a piece of paper that no one cares about until someone complains.
6/22/2013 1:05:43 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
SarkyNorthener 1830:80

Most pubs already have one. Its fairly easy to get and theres the added benifit that you can do off sales as long as your in the process of getting your licence for it.

I suppose another thing to note is that this is not something thats ever policed, your license is just a piece of paper that no one cares about until someone complains.

I know some pub groups like to deter their managers from off licence sales even though they are able. Not sure on reason. Maybe once they have left they canít buy anymore. One reason they give is that we were unable to keep an eye on them. Social responsibility gone mad. Even the police have gone a bit loopy with this. I once had them knocking on the pub doors after hours because some lads who had been drinking in the pub got into a fight about 1/2 mile up the road and they claimed it was my responsibility. I asked them if they needed me to police the next Villa home game since I was doing their job already.
6/22/2013 1:28:16 PM

premium
MagicDave6 1:1
Originally posted by SarkyNorthener

I know some pub groups like to deter their managers from off licence sales even though they are able. Not sure on reason. Maybe once they have left they canít buy anymore. One reason they give is that we were unable to keep an eye on them. Social responsibility gone mad. Even the police have gone a bit loopy with this. I once had them knocking on the pub doors after hours because some lads who had been drinking in the pub got into a fight about 1/2 mile up the road and they claimed it was my responsibility. I asked them if they needed me to police the next Villa home game since I was doing their job already.

Yea London is policed very differently to everywhere else iv been in the UK, as in that you can pretty much do what you want in london and as long as no one complains they wont act, where as elsewhere they seem to be bored and do you for anything.
6/22/2013 2:12:55 PM

Home > Forums > UK & Ireland

Page 1 | 2 | 3
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers