Let’s tidy up the West Midlands......

Reads 1957 • Replies 27 • Started Monday, July 13, 2015 4:42:46 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

imdownthepub
beers 26051 º places 2103 º 03:09 Tue 7/21/2015

Okay, has anyone seen Beer Geek beers about recently? Nothing on here since late 2013 nor on their Facebook or Twitter accounts. Their status on Company Check is ’in liquidation’. Looks like a goner to me.

RichTheVillan
beers 10685 º places 101 º 03:16 Tue 7/21/2015

Originally posted by imdownthepub
Okay, has anyone seen Beer Geek beers about recently? Nothing on here since late 2013 nor on their Facebook or Twitter accounts. Their status on Company Check is ’in liquidation’. Looks like a goner to me.

Yeah I’d say it was gone, a few people I knew were supposed to be re-launching it about 18 months ago and not heard anything from them since.

A shame the branding was good but the beers were shocking.

imdownthepub
beers 26051 º places 2103 º 03:20 Tue 7/21/2015

Originally posted by RichTheVillan

Yeah I’d say it was gone, a few people I knew were supposed to be re-launching it about 18 months ago and not heard anything from them since.

A shame the branding was good but the beers were shocking.

They started well but terrible towards the end. I have placed them in Out of Business, final tidy up later.

imdownthepub
beers 26051 º places 2103 º 04:09 Tue 7/21/2015

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
OK: Broughs and All Nations update.

Went for a couple of afternoon halves to the All Nations and spoke to the owner. No brewing in the new/old plant at the moment, more equipment arriving in September. Expects Broughs to take on the kit soon after installation. However Broughs are still brewing at the old Springfield site but move to a factory unit still within Wolverhampton very soon to brew there.

So, no idea if Broughs will Cuckoo brew at The All Nations or operate fully out of there. I will keep my ears and eyes peeled.

<*))))))><

Taking this into account and the imminent start up at their new premises, looks like we should stick with the status quo at present, then give Broughs their new address as soon as we get it?

imdownthepub
beers 26051 º places 2103 º 04:28 Tue 7/21/2015

Allrighty, any Coventry based people out there? The Rainbow Inn Brewery in Allesley. We haven’t seen anything since early 2014, nothing beer wise on their Facebook or Twitter accounts. The pub is still popular but the beer list does not mention their own beers on Whatpub or Trip Advisor. I reckon they have stopped brewing or perhaps it is very intermittent. Anybody know?

BlackHaddock
beers 15453 º places 1053 º 06:44 Tue 7/21/2015

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
OK: Broughs and All Nations update.

Went for a couple of afternoon halves to the All Nations and spoke to the owner. No brewing in the new/old plant at the moment, more equipment arriving in September. Expects Broughs to take on the kit soon after installation. However Broughs are still brewing at the old Springfield site but move to a factory unit still within Wolverhampton very soon to brew there.

So, no idea if Broughs will Cuckoo brew at The All Nations or operate fully out of there. I will keep my ears and eyes peeled.

<*))))))><

Taking this into account and the imminent start up at their new premises, looks like we should stick with the status quo at present, then give Broughs their new address as soon as we get it?

Ok: as I said earlier, I will keep a look out and let you know once the water clears a bit.

<*))))))><

tommann
beers 7123 º places 33 º 10:58 Tue 7/21/2015

Sadlers have moved breweries. Still in lye but over the road at this fancy place http://www.sadlersales.co.uk/index.php/sadlers-brewhouse/ definitely worth the trip and literally 10 seconds from lye train station. The Windsor castle is still open as a pub and restaurant too.

imdownthepub
beers 26051 º places 2103 º 01:52 Wed 7/22/2015

Originally posted by tommann
Sadlers have moved breweries. Still in lye but over the road at this fancy place http://www.sadlersales.co.uk/index.php/sadlers-brewhouse/ definitely worth the trip and literally 10 seconds from lye train station. The Windsor castle is still open as a pub and restaurant too.

Cheers Tom. I have tidied up their information now.

niquillis
beers 2754 º places 338 º 02:42 Wed 7/22/2015

Re: Rainbow Inn, only recent check ins on Untappd for that venue are such delights as Landlord and Old Speckled Hen....

niquillis
beers 2754 º places 338 º 02:43 Wed 7/22/2015

Re: Rainbow Inn, only recent check ins on Untappd for that venue are such delights as Landlord and Old Speckled Hen.... last time one of their own beers checked in was 2013.