RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > Colorado | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

List of new breweries opening this summer

read 2081 times • 35 replies • posted 5/18/2012 8:29:50 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

notalush 5000:340
Originally posted by adnielsen
i look forward to black bottle myself. maybe mr lush will actually call me when heís in foco next time. we can hit big beaves on the way

Now that you are living up there, I will be calling you to crash on your couch.
6/13/2012 9:01:21 PM

Private message send the author a private message

Hogshead Brewery is open...sort of. They had their soft opening over the weekend and will be open at random, unannounced times until the "actual" opening.

http://www.hogsheadbrewery.com/?p=992
6/18/2012 4:41:29 PM

premium
arminjewell 6434:10
Originally posted by notalush
Hogshead Brewery is open...sort of. They had their soft opening over the weekend and will be open at random, unannounced times until the "actual" opening.

Did you go to it? Curious on what there beer/atmosphere is like
6/18/2012 5:35:24 PM

Originally posted by arminjewell

Did you go to it? Curious on what there beer/atmosphere is like

No. And itís far enough away from me to make dropping by to see if they are randomly open kind of a pain in the ass, so I will likely be waiting until the grand opening to check it out
6/18/2012 6:11:04 PM

premium
Ernest 6353:171

Some of the writing is funny:

"It combines a chewy malt forward mouth feel balanced by..." (where did the "with" for the "combines" go?)

"Brewed with hints of..." (how do you brew with hints? just say the ingredients out loud into the kettle?)

"Finishes with astringent roasted malt" (oh yum, astringent malt!)

"with a gorges fresh, hoppy aroma" (thatís some DEEP hops!)

Iím being a jerk to point stuff like this out, perhaps, but things like this still make me smile. I know Jeffís pretty stoked about trying this brewery due to the possibility of real ale, but itís hard to tell from their web site how often that will be or what percentage of their beer will be served that way (and sparklers or no?)...doesnít sound like it will available right away:

"We will always have three to four great beers on tap via CO2 pressurized kegs and plan to maintain properly conditioned Real Ale from naturally carbonated casks served from beer engines for those that enjoy this traditional British libation."
6/18/2012 6:32:02 PM

BlackForestCO 978:18
Grammatically correct writing is for tools.
6/19/2012 4:53:47 PM

Oxymoron 1:1
Black Bottle poured at the Colorado Brewers Fest at the VIP tent. They had 3 different sours.

On a different note Loveland Alewerks is opening very soon. There is also a new brewery in the works in Loveland call Verboten Brewing Company.
6/29/2012 12:04:54 PM

Add this place to the list of breweries opening in Denver in late August. Apparently, they will be malting their own grain as well. Interesting.
7/16/2012 7:06:36 PM

Prostís opening date has been set for August 23rd. However, starting tomorrow, they will be sending out kegs to certain bars in Denver. No word yet on which bars.
7/26/2012 9:12:06 AM

BlackForestCO 978:18
Thanks for the word on Prost.
7/26/2012 3:23:28 PM

Home > Forums > Colorado

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us