RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Site News | Beer Talk | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Local forums: Spain?

read 371 times • 9 replies • posted 5/10/2013 8:08:33 PM

Thread Frozen

premium
Lowenbrau 1941:177
Hi there,

What about a local forum for Spain?. I really miss it. Despite there are still quite few spanish ratebeerians, the country is booming with craft beer, with lots of new micros and beerpubs opening in the recent times.
Would be nice to have more communication between us, to better know the beers and places.

Cheers.
David.
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
StefanSD 2132:45
You guys can use the socal forum, nothing going on in there.
5/11/2013 5:44:38 PM

Private message send the author a private message

traPISSED 102:
A Latin American forum would be good too!
5/11/2013 9:21:29 PM

premium
fiulijn 14552:525
Originally posted by traPISSED

Already there!

http://www.ratebeer.com/Forums/Forum-7755431.htm
http://www.ratebeer.com/Forums/Forum-7755432.htm
5/12/2013 2:07:53 AM

premium
chriso 7365:371
Originally posted by StefanSD

Indeed. Been thinking about a trip to San Diego so took a glance in there recently and was surprised how quiet it is. Any idea why? NorCal is not exactly a hive of forum activity either.
5/12/2013 3:47:18 AM

premium
chriso 7365:371
Originally posted by traPISSED

Forum structure is a headache.

We have / have had a fair number of forums with very little activity. Combining those together to cover larger areas is a possible solution but, if they cover too large an area and have a lot of stuff that is too far away to be relevant to the active users that could make things worse.

Conversely, we have some forums covering relatively small areas that are very lively and merging those into a forum covering a larger area may inhibit that activity. Or it may draw more people in.

I think it is a good aim for every user to have a local/regional/whatever forum to which feel they belong. But, if that forum is going to end up pretty inactive that rather defeats the purpose. So I guess it ultimately depends on what level of activity can be expected.

Coming up with a coherent forum structure is very tough indeed.
5/12/2013 5:31:32 AM

premium
StefanSD 2132:45
Originally posted by chriso

Indeed. Been thinking about a trip to San Diego so took a glance in there recently and was surprised how quiet it is. Any idea why? NorCal is not exactly a hive of forum activity either.

I have no idea why. A lot of the San Diego crowd that was active in the local forums in the past has moved on, or are just much, much less active. Guys like Toncatcher, Fordest, padrefan, wetherel, AlohaC, KingG, WeeHeavySD, snojerk, zug4abby, lagunitasfan, papajohn, DarkElf, ironchefscot, Bartzilla, DrBill and I知 know I知 forgetting a lot. Every so often I値l run into someone at a grocery store and we will chat up old times, but its clear they have moved on with their lives. I知 thinking that there must be something wrong with me that I haven稚 yet moved on. San Diego really needs a new sense of community.
5/12/2013 8:30:10 AM

premium
Glouglouburp 6022:423
Originally posted by Lowenbrau
Hi there,

What about a local forum for Spain?. I really miss it. Despite there are still quite few spanish ratebeerians, the country is booming with craft beer, with lots of new micros and beerpubs opening in the recent times.
Would be nice to have more communication between us, to better know the beers and places.

Cheers.
David.

Yes, in a few months I値l be in Spain for 3 weeks. So recently I started to look into beer-related info and I had some questions. I wanted to ask questions on the Spain forum and realized there was no such thing. So I was thinking about sending PMs to the most active spanish raters who write their ratings in english.
5/12/2013 8:39:12 AM

premium
t0rin0 63:1346
Originally posted by chriso

I have no idea why. A lot of the San Diego crowd that was active in the local forums in the past has moved on, or are just much, much less active. Guys like Toncatcher, Fordest, padrefan, wetherel, AlohaC, KingG, WeeHeavySD, snojerk, zug4abby, lagunitasfan, papajohn, DarkElf, ironchefscot, Bartzilla, DrBill and I知 know I知 forgetting a lot. Every so often I値l run into someone at a grocery store and we will chat up old times, but its clear they have moved on with their lives. I知 thinking that there must be something wrong with me that I haven稚 yet moved on. San Diego really needs a new sense of community.

I try to garbage it up every once in a while but it痴 really just a couple people that post anything.
5/12/2013 8:44:30 AM

premium
Lowenbrau 1941:177
I was taking a look on those South and Central America forums and found some messages referring to Spain, asking for f2f trades, or looking for some advice when travelling to Spain. Of course they had no answer...

5/19/2013 9:56:03 AM

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add
Advanced Search