London Beer About Town - April 2015

Reads 6469 • Replies 70 • Started Tuesday, March 31, 2015 3:06:58 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

McNeillR
beers 2372 º places 16 º 03:59 Thu 4/9/2015

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
Originally posted by cgarvieuk
Originally posted by McNeillR
Should be in town for May 2nd, mostly for football reasons but I hear that new Kernel place is open early...

Did you even read the Thread Title!!!

To be fair, posting on May the 1st for a May 2nd visit doesn’t give folks much warning !!

I would come and meet up at Kernel on most given weekends but I will be in the same place as Mr Garvie on May 2nd.

I might start it closer to the time, but Craig himself managed this thread on the 31st...
I was also going to say HEY ANYONE WHO ISNT AT CBC WANT TO DRINK SOME SCOTTISH PISH I MIGHT BRING DOWN THAT SATURDAY MORNING?!?

Train gets in at 830 so will likely head straight to Mother Arch 2.0 from there but need to make it to Brentford for about 3.

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 07:07 Thu 4/9/2015

Reading Beer Festival that weekend I am afraid

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40501 º places 1239 º 09:49 Thu 4/9/2015

Originally posted by harrisoni
Reading Beer Festival that weekend I am afraid

Like a book club meets ale crossover ... sounds civilised !

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 05:39 Fri 4/10/2015

Originally posted by TBone
I will be in London Fri 10th - Sun 12th (just because my wife wants to visit orchid show). My plan is to crawl Bermondsey on Saturday, if someone wants to join (Chris already possibly). I can even bring few new Finnish beers with me. Anything special happening that weekend in London?

Timo

Found out that my hotel is almost next door (0.6 miles), so I will start from The Kernel between 9-10 am on Saturday!

Won’t be there that early. Will catch you up at some point.

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 06:31 Sat 4/11/2015

Originally posted by chriso
I will be in London Fri 10th - Sun 12th (just because my wife wants to visit orchid show). My plan is to crawl Bermondsey on Saturday, if someone wants to join (Chris already possibly). I can even bring few new Finnish beers with me. Anything special happening that weekend in London?

Timo

Found out that my hotel is almost next door (0.6 miles), so I will start from The Kernel between 9-10 am on Saturday!

Ugh, overslept - late night last night. Not worth me coming down now. Sorry Timo.

Leighton
beers 33714 º places 1204 º 09:06 Sat 4/11/2015

Timo

Ugh, overslept - late night last night. Not worth me coming down now. Sorry Timo.

Chris, we are still out though. Over in the Bethnal Green area. Come on over!

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40501 º places 1239 º 12:00 Sat 4/11/2015

Ian wased ?

Leighton
beers 33714 º places 1204 º 13:08 Sat 4/11/2015

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
Originally posted by cgarvieuk
Should be in town for May 2nd, mostly for football reasons but I hear that new Kernel place is open early...

Did you even read the Thread Title!!!

To be fair, posting on May the 1st for a May 2nd visit doesn’t give folks much warning !!

I would come and meet up at Kernel on most given weekends but I will be in the same place as Mr Garvie on May 2nd.

I might start it closer to the time, but Craig himself managed this thread on the 31st...
I was also going to say HEY ANYONE WHO ISNT AT CBC WANT TO DRINK SOME SCOTTISH PISH I MIGHT BRING DOWN THAT SATURDAY MORNING?!?

Train gets in at 830 so will likely head straight to Mother Arch 2.0 from there but need to make it to Brentford for about 3.

I might be game.

TBone
beers 27089 º places 544 º 12:23 Sun 4/12/2015

Thanks to Leighton for the best London pub crawl ever (we went to those small brewpubs and interesting pubs where I’ve never been before). Also thanks to Theydon_Bois and harrisoni for company. I think I made 44 ticks on Saturday. Next morning was not easy ...

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40501 º places 1239 º 13:52 Sun 4/12/2015

Thanks to Leighton for the best London pub crawl ever (we went to those small brewpubs and interesting pubs where I’ve never been before). Also thanks to Theydon_Bois and harrisoni for company. I think I made 44 ticks on Saturday. Next morning was not easy ...

Good to meet you Timo and thanks for the beers you shared