London Beer About Town - June

Reads 3165 • Replies 25 • Started Wednesday, June 4, 2014 6:34:58 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

FrumptyDumpty
00:42 Sun 6/8/2014

There is a search function ian

harrisoni
beers 25350 º places 68 º 05:10 Sun 6/8/2014

Yes and I have used the search function and I can’t find it so was seeing if it was listed under something else by asking on here.

Niall73
beers 2623 º places 2 º 05:56 Sun 6/8/2014

Magic Rock Bearded Lady Pedro Ximénez BA now on at Westow House, Crystal Palace. And very nice it is too.

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 11:02 Sun 6/8/2014

Originally posted by Niall73
Magic Rock Bearded Lady Pedro Ximénez BA now on at Westow House, Crystal Palace. And very nice it is too.

pandapop me a bottle? ;)

MannyGoldberg
beers 208 º places 31 º 07:57 Tue 6/10/2014

Brewdog Shoreditch are having a saison tap takeover sometime this month. I forget the exact date.

Feel the vagueness.

MannyGoldberg
beers 208 º places 31 º 07:57 Tue 6/10/2014

Brewdog Shoreditch are having a saison tap takeover sometime this month. I forget the exact date.

Feel the vagueness.

deeblo
places 74 º 09:54 Tue 6/10/2014

Originally posted by MannyGoldberg

Feel the vagueness.

21 June. Same day as Craft Clerkenwell’s 3rd birthday.

andrew_drinks
beers 234 º places 7 º 09:32 Mon 6/16/2014

Two closures over in the West - Duchess of Cambridge on Goldhawk Road closed on Sunday (have seen on Facebook that the landlord is moving to a new pub in Bath) and Ales and Tails in Twickenham closed over the weekend too.

(Coincidentaly or not, James Watt was asking on Twitter whether a Brewdog bar in Twickenham would work, so perhaps they might be looking at the A&T site for another BD bar, in the way they took over Mason and Taylor)

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40382 º places 1239 º 09:51 Mon 6/16/2014

Originally posted by andrew_drinks
Two closures over in the West - Duchess of Cambridge on Goldhawk Road closed on Sunday (have seen on Facebook that the landlord is moving to a new pub in Bath) and Ales and Tails in Twickenham closed over the weekend too.

(Coincidentaly or not, James Watt was asking on Twitter whether a Brewdog bar in Twickenham would work, so perhaps they might be looking at the A&T site for another BD bar, in the way they took over Mason and Taylor)

cheers for the info.
Ive popped into those two many times over the last couple of years.
no surprises mind - both went down hill in the last 12-18 months.
beer quality always dubious at the Cambridge - presume they never did get their brewpub off the ground?
A&T seemed to lose interest. they had a decent bottle list to start, 50 or more choices. they suddenly dropped it to a dozen or so less interesting safe bets and reduced the cask line up from 5 to 3.
is twickenham ready for BD ... not so sure. the likely BD target market from that area tend to head into Clondon - id say no!

harrisoni
beers 25350 º places 68 º 04:43 Thu 6/19/2014

Anyone going to Craft Clerkenwell on Saturday for their 3rd birthday and 33 IPA tap takeover?

I will probably be in town for this.