London Beer About Town: March 2014

Reads 6025 • Replies 73 • Started Sunday, March 2, 2014 12:58:05 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Leighton
beers 33700 º places 1204 º 12:58 Sun 3/2/2014

Here it is folks. Have at it.

This first week of the month is a big one:

Wed: Brodies Tap Takeover at the Rake.

Fri: Mikkeller Tap Takeover at the Kings Arms.

American Style (Prairie Collab) 7.5%

BA Big Worster Chardonnay 18.7%

Chill Pils Yuzu 4.7%

Cream Ale 5%

I Hardcore You (w/ BrewDog) IIPA 9.5%

Illegal Mikkeller 4.8%

Jackie Brown Brown Ale 5.9%

BA Orange Yuzo Glad I Said Porter Grand Marnier 6%

Simcoe IIPA 8.9%

Wheat Is The New Hop Wild Yeast IPA 6%

BA Årh Hvad!? Grand Marnier 6.8%

Spontanelderflower 7.7%

Spontanroseship 7.7%

Sat: Siren event at CBC Clerkenwell.

Maiden 2013

Limoncello IPA

Calypso Sour - Dry hopped with Citra

Neither

Das Soundwave Cask - Soundwave brewed with German Hops

Flying Dutchman - Our Collaboration brew with Evil Twin

Seven Seas Black Wheat IPA

Broken Dream Cask & Keg

Undercurrent Cask & Keg

Sound Wave

Liquid Mistress

Aramid

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 14:00 Sun 3/2/2014

London’s overrated. I got a better beer line up than that at a small Oxfordshire village festival just this weekend.......

mR_fr0g
beers 29110 º places 44 º 14:11 Sun 3/2/2014

I was finding it difficult to keep track of all the great stuff going on in London (It is hard work being a London Ticker.) So i put together a google calendar that I maintain. It’s a bit more user friendly than the RB events page and you can sync it with Android or iPhone.

Google
XML
ical for iPhone

I hope folks find this useful. I haven’t tested the iPhone link, so someone with one of those contraptions let me know if it works.

Leighton
beers 33700 º places 1204 º 14:11 Sun 3/2/2014

Good point, Ian.

Here are a few more events coming up:

- 10 March - An Evening with Sierra Nevada at the Craft Beer Co. Islington. SN ambassador Steve Grossman (brother of brewery founder Ken Grossman) will be on hand, as will some 12 offerings from the brewery.

- 12-14 March - London Drinker Beer & Cider Festival. A top-notch CAMRA festival with an emphasis on London breweries.

- 26-29 March - The Wandsworth Common Beer Festival at Le Gothique. London’s best little beer festival returns for another spring festival; this is the sixth annual. The festival organizers have really been upping their game over the last few iterations of this fest, bringing in lots of beers not commonly seen around London. Definitely worth popping by at some point.

All information here copied and pasted from http://www.londonbeerguide.co.uk/p/events.html

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 14:21 Sun 3/2/2014

Is that London, Ontario Leighton?

Leighton
beers 33700 º places 1204 º 14:23 Sun 3/2/2014

Originally posted by mR_fr0g
I was finding it difficult to keep track of all the great stuff going on in London (It is hard work being a London Ticker.) So i put together a google calendar that I maintain. It’s a bit more user friendly than the RB events page and you can sync it with Android or iPhone.

Google
XML
ical for iPhone

I hope folks find this useful. I haven’t tested the iPhone link, so someone with one of those contraptions let me know if it works.

I endorse that calendar!

Garrold
beers 10665 º places 149 º 15:52 Sun 3/2/2014

I have an iPhone and the link works.

Fin
beers 17267 º places 1653 º 22:00 Sun 3/2/2014

Originally posted by harrisoni
London’s overrated. I got a better beer line up than that at a small Oxfordshire village festival just this weekend.......

Brighton for me and Loz this coming w/e.

mR_fr0g
beers 29110 º places 44 º 00:06 Mon 3/3/2014

Originally posted by Garrold
I have an iPhone and the link works.

Thanks.

FrumptyDumpty
04:15 Mon 3/3/2014

Another keg we will have on is the Barleywine Base that we use for Maiden. We had a couple left over after the blending and filling up of barrels this year so we made 2 kegs of it.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40412 º places 1239 º 07:47 Mon 3/3/2014

What time do tap take overs begin at the rake re brodies Wednesday or do the beers just come on from opening time?