RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Food and Beer | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Marinade / grilling experiment

read 1493 times • 23 replies • posted 4/12/2013 6:10:41 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3

premium
jake65 2725:113
Iíve been mainly a dry rub guy when it comes to grilling, but recently had a really nice marinated steak that got me wondering about combining the two... so help me out, would this be a bad idea:

Marinade (NY strip) for 6-8 hours
Bring steaks to room temp and add dry rub
Add remaining marinade after searing

Any feedback is appreciated; this is my Sunday dinner plan.
Private message Send the author a private message

pinkie 470:10
If youíre doing a tough cut of meat like a flank steak then marinate. The rub after the marinate will get chalky or dry like if itís too much.

A new york strip is my favorite cut. I love spring.
4/12/2013 8:01:37 AM

Private message send the author a private message

burgy 455:15
I have never marinaded NY strip. What did you use? How was the flavor penetration?
4/12/2013 9:26:19 AM

premium
Originally posted by burgy
I have never marinaded NY strip. What did you use? How was the flavor penetration?

Neither have I. Maybe I should think about something else... maybe I can try top sirloin?
4/12/2013 10:23:57 AM

Godofthecellar 677:9
NY strip doesnt need to be marinated its already a tender cut of meat. combining both a dry rub after marinating is flavor overload. if applying a dry rub or seasoning, it should be done prior to the wet marinate.

get a flank steak, or london broil and marinate it in Soy Vey teriaki marinade for 24 hrs... its the easiest and one of the best tasting steaks, chicken, vegetables you could make. This isi my go to when i dont feel like making marinades from scratch.. dont add any seasoning to this marinade, its already the bomb
4/12/2013 12:23:52 PM

premium
Alrighty... I will skip the marinade on the NY and go with the tried and true dry rub. Iíll marinade something else next weekend.
4/12/2013 1:04:20 PM

premium
fiver29 1036:52
On a strip I use course real salt and fresh medium ground tellicherry peppercorn. Thatís all you need.
4/12/2013 2:38:58 PM

premium
AdamJackson 2870:200
Originally posted by fiver29
On a strip I use course real salt and fresh medium ground tellicherry peppercorn. Thatís all you need.

Came here to say this. salt & pepper..but I dip my steak in ketchup cause Iím a redneck.
4/12/2013 2:42:18 PM

premium
4/12/2013 2:45:21 PM

premium
smith4498 3064:20
Originally posted by adamjackson

Came here to say this. salt & pepper..but I dip my steak in ketchup cause Iím a redneck.

4/12/2013 2:48:12 PM

premium
Originally posted by adamjackson

I donít judge. You can dip your steak in barrel aged kopi ketchup for all I care. I like just good salt and pepper. Not all salt and pepper are the same.
4/12/2013 2:51:33 PM

Home > Forums > Food and Beer

Page 1 | 2 | 3

Food, Beer Recipes

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback