RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > Miami/Ft Lauderdale | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Mead - Cider - Sake Tasting

read 1668 times • 22 replies • posted 11/24/2011 8:26:45 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3

premium
hopscotch 8552:209
... at my house on either January 7th, 14th or 21st.

Iíll create an event entitled "Executive Meading of the Minds" on the events page as soon as I set a date.

If you think you can make it, which date would you prefer?

Mob rules.
Private message Send the author a private message

Beershine 5196:698
Josh and I *might* be around for either 14th or 21st...sounds like fun :)
11/24/2011 9:40:58 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
Originally posted by Beershine
Josh and I *might* be around for either 14th or 21st...sounds like fun :)

Cool. So far, itís looking like the 14th or 21st for the Orlando folks too. Iíll check on the Tampa folks.
11/24/2011 10:36:21 AM

premium
Korean sake is being shipped overseas by a very generous SHIG. Rare, great ice ciders are coming down from Canada later this month with MartinT.
11/24/2011 11:23:21 AM

Beershine 5196:698
awesome! is MartinT going to be in town for that? it would be so cool!
11/24/2011 11:42:38 AM

premium
biggsbowler 180:15
What are you looking at times? I work until 5 on Saturday.
11/24/2011 1:34:31 PM

premium
Originally posted by biggsbowler
What are you looking at times? I work until 5 on Saturday.

Since itís a Saturday and some folks may want to go back home that night without dying, I was thinking along the lines of 3:00-4:00PM. Depends on what people want and when they can make it. Good thing about meads and ice ciders - they can be opened and re-corked for a few hours if nec. without losing much if any flavor or body. Apis Půltorak Jadwiga still tastes great to me over a year after opening.
11/25/2011 9:21:13 AM

premium
Originally posted by Beershine
awesome! is MartinT going to be in town for that? it would be so cool!

Well, heíll be in Hollywood until January 8th, but it seems like the majority canít make it on the 7th. Maybe we can work something smaller out down in that area. I know Martin and I will. If you and Josh are gonna be in Miami, then Martin will be just be a few miles from you.
11/25/2011 9:24:26 AM

premium
Ok, the date is Saturday, January 14th. I was gonna go with the 21st, but everyone seemed OK with the 14th and since Gregís (meadme) wife is expecting on or around the 21st, the 14th at least gives him a shot at attending.

Hereís the LINK to the event. Sign up if youíre coming so Wendy has an idea of how much food to make available.

I donít know how to create a google doc (Iím sure itís easy to do, but I just havenít taken the time to figure it out), so if someone would like to create one and provide a link in the Orlando forum, that would be great.
11/27/2011 4:59:50 AM

premium
biggsbowler 180:15
Iím going to enjoy this meading of the minds.
11/27/2011 6:11:44 AM

premium
MartinT 7523:521
Just noticed this. As Eric has said, I will be in SoFlorida until January 8th. Wonít be able to make it to this tasting, but my wife, Eric and I were planning on sharing a few brews together between Christmas and January 7th. Probably Funky Buddha, especially if we can get an evening without a loud show. If any of you are available, it would be great to meet you as well.

Iím now on the hunt for a few rare ice ciders for this tasting. Iíll try to get some that no one attending has had before.

PS. Sunshine, you are very kind. :) Really looking forward to meeting you as well! We are visiting the in-laws, so wonít be super flexible, but I will sure do my best to be available during the time you are around.
11/27/2011 9:40:46 AM

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add
Advanced Search