Meet-up @ Voodoo Homestead

Reads 2134 • Replies 35 • Started Monday, February 16, 2015 8:11:14 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

User52877
places 3 º 19:55 Mon 3/2/2015

I am so jealous!

mtoast
beers 336 º places 13 º 16:16 Tue 3/3/2015

Originally posted by artmcd8
I think I’d pick the H2P out of the high alcohol hops they have on tap. The IPL was pretty bitter to me. Anyone have the Belma Single Hop?

I had the Belma the first time I was down there, typical of every single hop I’ve had from them it had an off-putting phenolic note. That IPL they have right now though is tits.

HornyDevil
05:30 Wed 3/4/2015

Originally posted by mtoast
I think I’d pick the H2P out of the high alcohol hops they have on tap. The IPL was pretty bitter to me. Anyone have the Belma Single Hop?

I had the Belma the first time I was down there, typical of every single hop I’ve had from them it had an off-putting phenolic note. That IPL they have right now though is tits.

Agreed that the IPL is damn good.

I tend to stay away from most single hop beers and, on top of that, I’ve used Belma in the past and though it had its merits, I would have to be hard-pressed to use it again. Not saying single hop beers can’t be great, but they’ve got an up hill battle to fight to be able to stand their ground with beers that use a combination of hops.

Art
beers 3223 º places 131 º 11:17 Wed 3/4/2015

Originally posted by mtoast

I can’t say I have ever gotten a phenolic note from their single hop beers. When I went from the IPL to the Belma I got a sort of stinky sock aroma but never got it when drinking it first in a session. I agree that they don’t shine as brightly as mixed hop beers but it’s nice to have something less than 7% abv from time to time and I found it refreshing.

HornyDevil
14:00 Wed 3/4/2015

it’s nice to have something less than 7% abv from time to time and I found it refreshing.