Metallica beer

Reads 3151 • Replies 24 • Started Wednesday, September 16, 2015 2:33:23 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

FatPhil
beers 26061 º places 995 º 03:19 Thu 9/17/2015

They’ll start with something boring: Hit the Lites, Lager Messiah.
Then they’ll jump on the IPA bandwaggon: Master of Hop Pellets, Hoppier than Thou.
They’ll need an impy too: The Strongest Stout
But they’ll not be able to resist the sour trend: Battery Acid
There may be some duff batches on the way: The Unfermented, The Golden that Failed

I’m glad to see that the argument "has Metallica sold out?" has finally been settled conclusively, and beyond any possible reprieve.

evilempire
beers 162 º places 110 º 04:23 Thu 9/17/2015

Metallica are to metal as Budweiser is to beer...

so seems about right to me. Trouble is every time I go for a piss Lars will want me arrested for illegally copying his beer...

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 06:00 Thu 9/17/2015

Originally posted by evilempire

so seems about right to me. Trouble is every time I go for a piss Lars will want me arrested for illegally copying his beer...

Heh.

I still do like the EARLY stuff though, every now and again. But I’m also not a rivethead, so consider the source...

evilempire
beers 162 º places 110 º 06:20 Thu 9/17/2015

Originally posted by Erlangernick
Originally posted by evilempire

Heh.

I still do like the EARLY stuff though, every now and again. But I’m also not a rivethead, so consider the source...

to be fair, I should’ve qualified that as ’post Black Album Metallica’

St Anger may actually be more insipid than Bud...

minutemat
beers 14647 º places 551 º 07:03 Thu 9/17/2015

It’s normal Budweiser with Metallica on the can, right?

I think it’s fitting that a band now devoid of any creativity, excitement or originality chooses to re-badge a bland, boring beer rather than devise their own.

Similar to how a tired, worn-out band like Iron Maidon teamed up with a tired, out-of-touch real ale brewer like Robinsons for their boring Trooper ale.

And bands that still excite, such as Clutch, Mastodon & Slayer, are teaming up with decent breweries for interesting beers such as a complex dark sour, passionfruit saison & a full-bodied red ale.

Berbatov
beers 30 º places 6 º 08:44 Thu 9/17/2015

lame

Marduk
beers 21900 º places 967 º 10:18 Thu 9/17/2015

Fight Fire with Fire- new #1 strongest beer in the world. Brewed entirely out of Metallica members tears after finding out how much money they lose via Napster.

Camons
beers 20779 º places 1057 º 12:57 Thu 9/17/2015

The beer (band) that failed

after4ever
admin
beers 8025 º places 322 º 13:01 Thu 9/17/2015

The Cliff years are some of the best music ever recorded. Dig that t-shirt of Cliff staring at you and saying "It should have been Lars..."

To quote the Facebook meme (or whatever):

This beer is aged on unsold copies of Reload.

Atom
beers 3301 º places 229 º 14:00 Thu 9/17/2015

So they’re putting beer in their tears and canning it, seems like they could make more than 91,000.