Midlands Crew - Cotteridge Wines Suggestion

Reads 31678 • Replies 504 • Started Saturday, November 22, 2014 3:18:04 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40243 º places 1239 º 02:59 Mon 11/24/2014

Originally posted by Beersiveknown
Originally posted by RichTheVillan
Link spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FRGrv7fPZObTHXpUz2zhviICrIlZoUE1ZEF5gJ1CPe4/edit#gid=2

If you like I can start saving interesting bottles that come in to Cotteridge over the next few week (big bottles) I’ll add them to the spreadsheet with the price. Then we can split the bill on the day.

What does everyone reckon?

Good work Rich. Yeah sounds like a plan...if there’s any foufoune floating around I’d love to try it!

Foufoune doesn’t float about !

It gets drunk or traded !!!

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40243 º places 1239 º 03:00 Mon 11/24/2014

Link spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FRGrv7fPZObTHXpUz2zhviICrIlZoUE1ZEF5gJ1CPe4/edit#gid=2

If you like I can start saving interesting bottles that come in to Cotteridge over the next few week (big bottles) I’ll add them to the spreadsheet with the price. Then we can split the bill on the day.

I’m fine to split the cost on any new rates for me.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40243 º places 1239 º 03:02 Mon 11/24/2014

Originally posted by imdownthepub
Originally posted by BlackHaddock
Originally posted by Fin
I may also be tempted, not normally a fan of tastings if truth be told, its all a little. fast paced and hectic for me but I love meeting up with folk so may come along even if only for a short time as I would like to hit a few city centre pubs.

You can sit with me Fin: I can’t keep up with some of our ’megaspeed-raters’ either. My pace is a little more sedate, but I still manage a good few. Hare and the Tortoise, etc, etc.

<*))))))><

I believe that I will be sitting at this table too. The kegged beer in the tasting room will probably be sufficient for me plus a couple of cheeky beer buys in the shop.
We ought to put together a crawl in town. Sounds like The Craven Arms tops the list.

Indeed Glen,

I should get to Cotteridge around 12.30.

Reckon I will stop until about 1500 to afford 3 hours worth of crawl back in town.

imdownthepub
beers 25931 º places 2081 º 03:14 Mon 11/24/2014

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
Originally posted by Fin
I may also be tempted, not normally a fan of tastings if truth be told, its all a little. fast paced and hectic for me but I love meeting up with folk so may come along even if only for a short time as I would like to hit a few city centre pubs.

You can sit with me Fin: I can’t keep up with some of our ’megaspeed-raters’ either. My pace is a little more sedate, but I still manage a good few. Hare and the Tortoise, etc, etc.

<*))))))><

I believe that I will be sitting at this table too. The kegged beer in the tasting room will probably be sufficient for me plus a couple of cheeky beer buys in the shop.
We ought to put together a crawl in town. Sounds like The Craven Arms tops the list.

Indeed Glen,

Reckon I will stop until about 1500 to afford 3 hours worth of crawl back in town.

Sounds like a plan.

Brewdog Birmingham? I’m not keen on it, but we may have Brewdog collectors in our midst.

imdownthepub
beers 25931 º places 2081 º 03:14 Mon 11/24/2014

Originally posted by Fin

<*))))))><

Indeed Glen,

Sounds like a plan.

Brewdog Birmingham? I’m not keen on it, but we may have Brewdog collectors in our midst.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40243 º places 1239 º 03:15 Mon 11/24/2014

Yes I’d like to hit on BD just to take a look at the venue.

Need only be a 15 minute stop unless they happen to have an interesting beer list on this date.

RichTheVillan
beers 10685 º places 101 º 03:26 Mon 11/24/2014

Link spreadsheet

Get your back log up to date then.

imdownthepub
beers 25931 º places 2081 º 03:27 Mon 11/24/2014

Has anyone been in The Keg & Grill yet, a new place just up the road from the Craven, used to be called The Gough Arms. They have been advertising in the local CAMRA give away. It may be pretty interesting if they get the keg offerings right. It’s also an Indian restaurant, which leads me to worry a little.

http://thekegandgrill.co.uk/

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40243 º places 1239 º 03:59 Mon 11/24/2014

Link spreadsheet

Get your back log up to date then.

Easy Bez !

Look at the full site home page and check who currently holds most beer ratings.

660 in 9 days don’t go down too quickly but I should be sorted in about 3 weeks time.

That said most of my backlog is tap only OR and CA stuff and unlikely to hit Cotteridge unless they start getting the likes of Upright, Block 15, Cascade, Logsdon, Alpine etc.

cgarvieuk
beers 37557 º places 457 º 04:14 Mon 11/24/2014

I can do the 24th but not the 31st.

I can presently get a return from Euston for under £20 which is a price I’m happy with.

If this date suits others let me know and I’ll book up the train.

id be tempted but 24th is Manchester beer festival