Mikkeller The Cloud Hopper - not rateable

Reads 4410 • Replies 54 • Started Tuesday, February 2, 2016 9:40:44 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

rouhlas
admin
beers 5623 º places 348 º 02:22 Thu 2/4/2016

Originally posted by Douberd
Originally posted by SaintMatty
I do not understand the harm in this beer being rateable. As somebody said, it depends on the motivation for this site’s existence but if i was contemplating buying a beer onboard a flight then it would be useful to read some reviews of said beer before deciding whether or not to purchase it.

So you are a member on ratebeer, travelling with that SAS airline, paid good money for the ticket, and there is a beer that is only available on that airline flights. And you want to read some reviews first if it’s worth purchasing it?
Who are you kidding guys, you would pay for it even if there were reviews saying it just tastes like water and the beer has an Overall Score of 1/100.

Still, it should be rateable.

Not everybody (even ratebeer members) is like us :-)

haukur
beers 2184 º places 32 º 04:07 Thu 2/4/2016

It should not be a discussion.

It is a beer, made by a legit brewer, brewed in a legit brewery, released for a legit client in legit packaging.

Although I dont think admins are being dicks about this, this mainly because the guidelines are not very clear on this. Guidelines should be rewritten imo

mzaar
beers 7462 º places 106 º 04:15 Thu 2/4/2016

And now it´s rateable!

Thanks admins for listening to the good arguments!

ansalon
beers 4964 º places 13 º 05:54 Thu 2/4/2016

Very strange I must say. I certainly understand brewery-only test batches, homebrews, brewery-internal only releases etc being unrateable, but this?

Also, how is that any different from:

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/the-bruery-black-tuesday-reserve/372946/? In fact, the Mikkeller one is MUCH more "commercially available" than The Bruery Black Tuesday Reserve. That’s a Hoarders-only release. Not only is that gated behind premium membership, but I can’t even PAY to access it, since Hoarders is an invitation-only membership. Same goes with the other Bruery Hoarders exclusive beers. Or from other breweries which have invitation-only clubs.

I can see that Bruery Reserve and Preservation only releases might be rateable since these societies are available to everyone (well, as long as they are not sold out that is). But saying that SAS-only beers are not eligible while allowing society-only beers are inconsistent to a fault.

To my mind, the only unraetable beers should be homebrews, brewery test batches and brewery-internal only beers. The rest should be allowed.

Or, if you want to be strict, also limit beer club limited beers. But the better way would be to add a tag to these beers, in the same vein as Retired ones.