RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Mo Betta Bretta vs. Brett Beer

read 2035 times • 32 replies • posted 7/14/2012 12:14:08 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

xscottypx 104:
as someone once said "lips of faith is where great beers go to die". i didnt mind the NB brett beer. i took the last few swigs and added equal parts fresh squeezed lime juice and it was ne of the best beergaritaís iíve ever had.
7/14/2012 4:14:23 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
VsXsV 2236:44
I thought that the Brett Beer had very little brett character. Didnít impress me at all. Mo Betta Bretta was quite good though.
7/14/2012 4:41:46 PM

premium
SamGamgee 2452:182
Originally posted by GT2
Brett beer was very bad. Tart lychee disappointing

Me drinking tart lychee:
7/14/2012 5:35:22 PM

iowaherkeye 2690:29
Originally posted by TheAlum
Iíve only had NBs version thus far.. but Iíd have to assume the new LA iteration is very similar

I donít think so. The NB version used Sorachi Ace hops (which is very distinct), as well as a couple others. I donít know what LA used, but the beer doesnít showcase the hops at all.

I havenít had the NB version yet, but Iíve had the new version of Mo Betta a few times, and it is actually a pretty solid summer beer right now. Absolutely no funk or brett fruitiness yet. Iím sure itíll improve quite a bit with time. No idea if the NB version will, though.

Ericís Sour Peach (before they bottled it in the 22ozers), Le Terroir (again before they bottled it in the 22ozers, though I admit, it was still pretty good in the bombers), and Old La Folie in the 750ís were all very great beers. Theyíve just tried too hard to hit the mainstream with those beers now, and with pasteurization have tighter QC, but the wonderful bottle variation is now gone.
7/15/2012 12:44:00 AM

beastiefan2k 2404:177
Originally posted by xscottypx
"lips of faith is where great beers go to die"

love it
7/15/2012 7:01:44 AM

premium
NobleSquirrel 3437:209
Interesting thread this far. Iíd say that both beers have Yeast character but the NB feels dead while mo Betta seems to Carry more fruitiness. Both have a strange earthy/savory thing going on that is somewhat unpleasant. Also, they are two different colors..
7/15/2012 7:25:52 AM

premium
TURDFERGUSON 3948:153
That NB/LA Brett beer was the worst beer Iíve had from either brewery.
7/15/2012 1:43:54 PM

premium
Alen
Whereís the f-in brett in MBB?
7/16/2012 5:57:31 PM

premium
GT2 8354:585
Probably didnít take in secondary. If it has no Brett now, itís unlikely it will spontaneously develop. Brett is pretty fast acting.
7/16/2012 6:06:15 PM

deftim13
I think itís hilarious that Lost Abbey releases a beer that should have brett and it doesnít and beers the shouldnít have it do....
7/16/2012 6:37:40 PM

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers